20 to 30 min. of HELL! Never felt so good.

Options
Scar1964
Scar1964 Posts: 92 Member
I complete 6 weeks of CrossFit (light, beginner level) tonight. Where do they come up w/ the number of reps for these WOD's. This is nothing short of FREAKING insane. Started out w/ 5 rope climps (I have not climbed a rope since the 8th grade and that was 1978). Then we start the WOD. 10x for time KBS/Lateral Jumps/Knees to elbows. What started out as knees to elbows ended up as I'm just hanging on the bar swinging enough the get my legs parallel to the ground. The instructor kept saying "come on Joe you can do this". Do what? DIE. I have never been so wasted in my life, but I'm going back for some more tonight and I have no idea why.

Replies

• Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think that is why I like CF. After a WOD you feel like you have done something. You see YouTube videos of people just laying out on the ground after a WOD , and you think that can't be that bad. I have so much more respect for these guys that compete in the CF games like Rich Froning, Graham Holmberg, Chris Spaeller, Dan Bailey and others.( I mention those guys because of their Faith in God) That being said, after I finish a WOD and have picked myself off the floor. I start thinking about what the next day's WOD could be. I love that "my whole body hurts" feeling!
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Personally, I LOVE doing the early morning classes, because it's such an amazing start to your day. First, everything else you will encounter during your day, whether it be work or personal, seems like a piece of cake compared to the WOD. Second, it gives you such an adrenalin rush, you don't even need coffee after it! And third, BOOM, get that nasty WOD out of the way to enjoy the rest of the day.

Today when we finished on the rowing machines, I wasn't sure I could even stand up. Intense!!
  • Scar1964
    Options
    Personally, I LOVE doing the early morning classes, because it's such an amazing start to your day. First, everything else you will encounter during your day, whether it be work or personal, seems like a piece of cake compared to the WOD. Second, it gives you such an adrenalin rush, you don't even need coffee after it! And third, BOOM, get that nasty WOD out of the way to enjoy the rest of the day.

Today when we finished on the rowing machines, I wasn't sure I could even stand up. Intense!!

Have not done morning class yet, but you mention the adrenalin rush and it is real. My drive home from the box is 40 min. When I got home after the WOD yesterday I was so amped up that I ran on the treadmill for 20 min. My wife thinks that I have completely lost it.
  • littlehokie
    Options
    Every workout is a challenge, that's why I go back for more.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The instructor kept saying "come on Joe you can do this". Do what? DIE. I have never been so wasted in my life, but I'm going back for some more tonight and I have no idea why.

:heart:
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    And that's why we do Crossfit!
  • Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    <
    enough said!
  • bowmab21
    bowmab21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You will pass out, long before you die! ????
  • Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options

If I do pass out, please record my time!!
    :)
  • Scar1964
    Options

If I do pass out, please record my time!!
    :)

THAT'S FUNNY, I don't care who ya R:laugh:
  • JoLEnEo6
    JoLEnEo6 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    LOL thats hilarious!