What's your motivation? 2/19/13

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Today's challenge is to find what inspires you today and for other days what inspires you! (yes we have done before but we are doing it again!)

I will admit there are some days when I exercise I am going through the motions or I am eating broccoli like "sigh" but what is motivating you to keep going??? GUYS this is crucial because losing is the easy part (trust me on this) the hard part is keeping it off 5 years from now!!!!!!! How do you keep that motivation? And the motivations change....that is a good thing too! Why? Because we change...hold to your motivations. What is yours today!?!?!?

Tell me...what is motivating you today Feb 19, 2013???

Peace,
WW

Replies

• KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    My motivation today is my wedding dress!!! I have one ordered, i tried it on, and i think with a little more maintenance I will look better in it! Plus I just want to look amazing in my engagement,/boudoir/wedding photos!

Oh and of course

naked.jpg
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Ok, my motivation today was a lady on elliptical in front of me. She looked about 50ish but her body was TIGHT! She looked great!
    She made me push harder on the machine! I said to myself wow I want to be fit, active and still getting it at the gym at 50! I wanted to tell her she looked fab but the shy me came out and she was not allowing WW to surge.
    I want to be 50 and fabulous and still kicking butt at some 'class' whether spin boxing or whatever....never given in....so now that broccoli is looking a whole lot tastier! (my favorite veggie anyway)
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Ok, my motivation today was a lady on elliptical in front of me. She looked about 50ish but her body was TIGHT! She looked great!
    She made me push harder on the machine! I said to myself wow I want to be fit, active and still getting it at the gym at 50! I wanted to tell her she looked fab but the shy me came out and she was not allowing WW to surge.
    I want to be 50 and fabulous and still kicking butt at some 'class' whether spin boxing or whatever....never given in....so now that broccoli is looking a whole lot tastier! (my favorite veggie anyway)

Yeah I kinda wanna be that kinda lady when I get older too :)
  • fitnessmare
    Options
    Oh great. Now 50 is old. LOL!! (I'm 50) My motivation is my mid-section. Never had a problem before because I'm very active, but when I got old, errr turned 50, the tire started. I am going to shake that tire and be slim and trim again! Bikini season here I come!
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My motivation is living healthly, long enough to enjoy my great grand babies, I'm 59 years young, my mother is 75, and have a great aunt that is 96, so that gives me the determination to be in good health up till I'm 90 years young... the young 30 something girls in office can't believe I'm running 5ks and they can't get up enough effort. I'm not a diet, I'm on a life change...:smile:
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I feel like crap after not working out and eating crazy for the past four days..I want to feel better that is my motivation for TODAY..LOL
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    My motivation is to get to a healthy weight, for me.... for a long time I thought my weight was why I couldn't find a guy, then I would get into depression and wouldn't care, then I would try because I didn't care and wanted to show everybody up because I could, then would get depressed because I failed, I never realized I was doing it for all the wrong reasons. This time, even though I'm on a gaining trend (big time) I haven't given up because it's about me and for me.
    I had a trainer tell me a few weeks ago that he was proud of me because I haven't given up when most would have (I've been going to his gym since it opened last summer) he suggested that I get a HRM with a chest strap and wear it for several days to find my average calorie burn so I know how many calories to eat to lose (I know, I know, I've already been told here on MFP that apparently, the HRMs give incorrect calorie burns if you wear them all day, please stop yelling at me, I am trying something suggested to me by someone who has had his clients do this before with success.)
    No matter what, it's about me now.
  • JSN66614
    Options
    What is motivating me today?

Easy:

1. I got diagnosised with high triglycerides, not full blown cholesterol but still.

2. I want to see the old me again and not this me.

3. My body needs to feel healthier.

4. Lost weight = more self confidence.
  • MommyLovesHerFurBabies
    Options
    My motivation is the fact that summer is almost here and I have an ocean view & I want to enjoy that ocean this year without worrying who is looking at my ick.
    My dogs & my husband also are motivating me. I would like to be able to start going for runs with them instead of just walks!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    My motivation is living healthy, long enough to enjoy my great grand babies, I'm 59 years young, my mother is 75, and have a great aunt that is 96, so that gives me the determination to be in good health up till I'm 90 years young... the young 30 something girls in office can't believe I'm running 5ks and they can't get up enough effort. I'm not a diet, I'm on a life change...:smile:

I bet you would smoke them too! Sad but soooo true you would! Few of them workout consistently! YOU go girl!
  • garlic7girl
    Options

Who is that to you???
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    He's a really fat guy who set a goal of losing weight no matter what happens and is consistently losing a crapload of weight. He had hernia surgery last month and is trying to bike 200 miles this month. He sets goals, struggles through them in spite of himself, and succeeds. He isn't always the most positive and gets down on himself sometimes, but he never stops no matter what. He is an inspiration through his actions. He's also lost a whole person worth of weight.