Please Take Time to Introduce yourselves

Options
Hello everyone and welcome to my group my name is Denielle Carpino I am 30 years old 5 foot 9 inches and my starting weight two weeks ago was 259.8 pounds, I was wearing a size 20-22 the largest I have ever been and decided it was time to change. In two weeks I am down 7.2 lbs and lost 10.5 inches all together. This is my story.

I have been on again off again dieting for years. I finally realized I needed to evaluate what was happening and pin point my problem. One I had to stop being obsessed with the number and focus only on my health. My problem for years has been not eating enough. So I have started eating 3 regular meals and at least two snacks. Each time I eat it has to contain a complex carb and a protein. I have limited my calories to 1,500 and I do not go above that even if I earn more calories from working out. I have been going for a 3 mile walk everyday as it burns 500+ calories every time I do it.

I have Celiac Disease, Possibly PCOS, body pain and missed menses for two years now and haven't been able to conceive. I was introduced to a product called Plexus slim that is an all natural supplement originally designed for people with Diabetes but over the years has been curing all kinds of ailments and helping people loose weight. After a long discussion we decided it would be healthy for me to try as long as I did it with diet and exercise so I was creating a new way of living not jut placing a band aid over and old wound.

Within my first week I got my menses back for the first time in two years and it is just doing wonders for my health issues and making it easier for me to keep on track with my weight loss.

So that is what I have been doing so far. This week I am introducing workouts to my regimen so I can start building lean muscles as well. I waited two weeks so I could get my endurance a little higher. It has been a great journey so far and I am excited to see what happens from here.

Sorry I know that is a ton of information all at once. I have started a support group on Facebook as well called My Journey To health and we have decided to be very open with everyone and it is amazing how much it is motivating others along with ourselves. I figure the more people know about my health the more they are able to know where I am starting from. It's amazing how much it helps others find motivation within themselves as well.

Denielle

Replies

• AlexLeeAS
    AlexLeeAS Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I am BlondeMommie AKA Alex :). I am 23, mother of 2. My youngest was just born 5 months ago. I am the biggest I have ever been not pregnancy. I am 5' 4" and 183lbs. I have a hypothyroid :( and a huge problem saying no to sweets. I love Gold Gym, I have just started going regularly and actuallhy being excited about going!! I dont have a problem putting on weight the problem is getting rid of it. I have been at 183 for 5 months even though I have been eating horribly. I am hoping that with my new love for the gym, eating better (slowly but surely make the change), and a positive attitude I can take this icky weight off and get out of these darn maternity jeans!! :)
  • MyRoad2Health
    MyRoad2Health Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome Alex LOL> Alex is actually part of the MY Road To Health Facebook page and has been a great deal of inspiration to all the ladies. If you want an amazing woman to help keep you motivated she's been that girl. Thanks for following me over here as well Alex.
  • kfleming322
    Options
    Hello All, I'm Kara. I'm exactly a month shy of 26. And I currently weigh in at 267. I've been heavy-set for as long as I remember. In school I was "the fat girl".. Consistently saw myself as "the fat friend" -- y'all know, the friend everyone has to make themselves look even skinnier than they already are. Well, I have more confidence in myself and my appearance now, even though I still shudder when I look in the mirror. I'm married to the most amazing man ever. We've been married going on six years, and I fall more in love with him every single day. We have two beautiful children: a rambunctious 4yo boy, and a seemingly charismatic 4mo girl. My weight-loss journey began during my most recent pregnancy, per doctors orders. She was tempted to put me on strict bed rest for my entire pregnancy, but told us that as long as I didn't gain too much weight, and my BP didn't get out of control that she would allow me to work as long as she could. Sooo, my husband decided from that day forward that we were going to make big changes in our lifestyle. He cleaned out the cabinets and cleaned out the junk. He's now logged for almost a full year and is down 116# since joining. After delivery and a small amount of time recuperating, I've joined MFP and am proud to say I've lost 12# so far. I've lost more, it seems like, because of the inches. But it's so rewarding for me to hear someone tell me that I look like I'm losing weight! - Anyway, I joined this group because I want to be held completely accountable by more than just my husband. Until next time.....
  • rcaissie2012
    rcaissie2012 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Rachelle and I am actually a lifetime memeber of weight watchers ( lost 102 lbs) due to a divorce and then some serious health issues and 3.5 yrs of struggling to get out of hospitals and basically bed rest, I gained that and more back. Last year at this time I actually weighed in at 300 lbs and when I hit lifetime status I was 145 lbs. I am currently 225 lbs and would like to be at 170 lbs and stay there comfortably.

I have crohns disease which after major surgery is in remission, I have IBS, fibro, a blood disorder and many other issues that make losing weight a struggle. BUT yesterday I decided to not make it about the scale and more about the inches and more importantly my health.

I love to encourage others as it helps me. I love to do mini challenges and try to be supportive or all other aspects of health and life in general as life effects our health.

I would love to be apart of this group and hopefully we can all help each other get to our goals.