Bulking & Nutrition with P90x

Options
Hi, I just joined MyFitnessPal so I can monitor my calorie intake and I was wondering if people tend to follow the MyFitnessPal calorie intake suggestion or P90x's guidelines — specifically for those looking to add some weight in muscle.

I'm currently at 138 and aim to get to 150 sometime around the end of the program(only on week one currently). If I follow the P90x nutrition guide based on the calculations I should be intaking about 2,000 total calories based on my activity level throughout the day. However, MyFitnessPal suggests I eat 2,500 calories and once I factor a workout that burns ~600 calories it ups the total caloric intake to 3,100.

There's a big difference between 2,000 total calories for the P90x guide and ~3,100 total calories for MyFitnessPal. Any suggestions on which I should follow?

Replies

• avinalaff123
    avinalaff123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

That is a big difference. If it were me, I'd definitely start with P90x nutrition program because it was designed Specifically for the exercise you're doing, however Id monitor it and see how you feel. Im sure you'll be able to feel it if you're not eating enough.

I hope this helps :-)

Phill
  • Callalili
    Callalili Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don't follow either. I use http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ to calculate my calories. The numbers that site gives already have exercise calories added in. There's a option for gain muscle which gives you a calorie surplus.
  • muchacho
    Options
    Hi Guys,

i have a question, do i really need to go through phase 1 in the programm?

Though i haven't really started yet, i am doing some of the routines every other day and trying to get used to the nutrion plan. Which in phase one is 50% Protein 30% Carbs and 20%

I am 27 around 5.9 (177 cm) and weigh 160 (71...kg)

Problem is that i am already having a hard time complying with the 50, 30, 20 or in getting close to that reaching my calorie goal wich is supposed to be around 2500 kc

My goal is to gain mass ( and getting ripped of course :wink: ) rather than to lose weight

so can i skip this phase entirley and if not how do i reach my calorie goal while maintaining the 50,30,20?

thanks a lot