Ideas

Options
wowie69
wowie69 Posts: 44 Member
So Saturday night I tripped over a planter on the deck and landed across the planter (which is about the size of a fire ring). I have been using both ibuprofen and Tylenol and am still aching and sore, as well as spectacularly bruised. You can see the curve of the ring across my chest/belly and the continuing curve under my knees/shins, so it's upper and lower body.

I would love ideas to keep moving. I can't do zumba, I can't ride the recumbent bike. I'm just miserable and achy and sore.
And my brain is saying I need to keep moving aerobically -- I don't want to stop my progress because I'm afraid if I do I'll backslide.

Ideas? Anyone?

Replies

• KatArceneaux
    Options
    I'm not sure if this helps, but it's a seated workout that actually works the arms nicely and gives you some cardio without too much strain: GET FIT while you SIT! with the Sweet Sensations Seated Workout by Tiffany Rothe. I started here and really like her. She has some other very nice workouts when you are feeling better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvE0uQRM5-A

This is another chair workout video by Alisa Keeton. It will make you sweat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN40iWW1QYE

I wish I could think of something that didn't involve your torso at all. I have to use these when my ankle/knee are in recovery mode.

Healing thoughts to you!!!
  • Blakelynn3
    Blakelynn3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ouch! I'm blanking on ideas for exercise since so many areas of your body were injured. I'd probably just try walking if I were determined to get up and move. But what I'd probably do is just rest until the soreness goes down and keep an extra close eye on my calories.
  • KatArceneaux
    Options
    Maybe just a nice, easy walk until you can handle more :flowerforyou:
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Can you do weights with your arms? Bicep curls, etc?
  • Sweetpickles99
    Options
    Soak in a nice warm bath of epsons salts, it really helps with soreness.
  • wowie69
    wowie69 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas!! (And thanks for the well wishes!)
    I walked for about 20 minutes tonight, that was pretty good. I'm going to do the seated workouts tomorrow. Never even thought to look for a seated workout. You MFP peeps rule!!

And I can definitely do the arm workouts. I found my 5# weights last week and was boxing with them. I think I'll do that at my desk tomorrow, too! By doing the arm motions seated, I won't really have a lot of body jiggling going on (just my arm flab :ohwell:).

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • deprek
    deprek Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I was going to say walk as well....looks like you've done some of that....but I love the idea of get fit while you sit as a change up or something to do on a non-cardio day...
  • rlv2
    rlv2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So sorry you are hurting.... have you tried a stationary bike.... when I am achy and sore... I get on the bike and relax and still get my work out.. Get Better Soon..
  • antitek
    antitek Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Take a look at T-Tapp exercises. The woman is slightly annoying but the exercises are AWESOME. She even has exercises for people who might need to sit in a chair. She is a physical therapist that took her knowledge and used it to create exercises that maximize the benefits to your body. Seriously, she even corrects your posture. I purchased the Basic Workout Plus because two women at church said it really worked for them. The first woman no longer wakes up feeling stiff in the morning and she has a lot more energy. The other woman did the program for 3 weeks and her chiropractor was stunned. It seems when he did a scan to look at her bulging disks they were gone. That was enough to sell me on it. Truthfully I need to start doing them again.

This is a video in which she explains a bit of what the exercises do. It makes sense and you can try a little out yourself to see what it feels like:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcG0TUWxTsY

This is the DVD I have and it includes exercises sitting in a chair:
    http://www.amazon.com/BETTER-BODY-BASICS-T-TAPP-INC/dp/B004H5EYTW/ref=pd_sim_b_2