Need Calories!

Options
wizzyg
wizzyg Posts: 7 Member
I need some help, going vegan has meant that now i don't eat enough calories to go along with my weight training and running. My body is starting to go into starvation mode. Also my Melauca dealer stopped selling so i'm no longer getting my protein mix. It was the only protein that didn't taste like metal. Any ideas?

Replies

• vegandave
    vegandave Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nuts, nut butters, those are high cal. I'll do bananas with nut butter, granola and nuts as a snack.
    I'm trying to get the caloies down now! Good luck!
  • wizzyg
    wizzyg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
  • TwiistedTwiin
    TwiistedTwiin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use rockin wellness protein powder with almond milk and a banana...like the other poster said, nuts are a great add to any day :) also avocado ...
  • juliedor
    juliedor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Almond milk smoothies with avocado,berries and spinach.
  • speedy001
    speedy001 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Or you can send your spares my way........

Seriously though nuts nut butters beans and avocado

Starchy vegetables are good too
  • VeganCoco
    VeganCoco Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is vegan and on a muscle gain weight lifting program and he drinks 300ml soy milk, 100g porridge oats, 2 table spoons of peanut butter, 2 scoops protein powder and a handful of berries as a smoothie every morning and after every work out!

He's 6"7 so he's always on a calorie mission too!
  • nmzeta
    nmzeta Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Nuts, Seeds and Avocados!! They will definitely help you with calories and fat. The seeds and nuts will help with protein. Try looking for your favorite protein online (amazon). I love Vega protein powders! They are pricey but worth it in my opinion.
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Beans. High-cal, low price, tons of variety!
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    "vega" brand protein powders. pricey, but top quality and taste great