Vitamix and Chia seeds

Options
Hi everyone! I started up with MFP last year in April and lost 7 lbs and then I gave up! I had no idea there were other MFP's out there. I knew everyone on FB account was not into losing weight, so I was all alone! I bought a vitamix about a month and a half ago and was wondering if anyone was using one to help along with their weight loss. I use mine everyday and put all kinds of veggies and fruit and just whip it all up. The idea of eating all those vegetables and fruit is kind of unappealing and it is a fast way to get all those good nutrients raw. Anyone trying chia seeds? Tons of fiber, omega 3's And protein are in those little seeds. If you like them there is a website getchia.com if you want to buy them in bulk. I started buying them at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods and they are pretty expensive there but good to buy a small amount to see if you like them first. They have no taste.
Add me as a friend if you would like. Everyone needs encouragement through our new journey of being fit and feeling good!

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I generally have chia seeds in my yogurt and oatmeal..
  • smartplan
    Options
    Good idea. I have them everyday in a green smoothie
  • briansurv
    briansurv Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love my Vitamix but tend to go more with Falx Seed, what do the Chia Seeds taste like? I'll have to give them a shot. Love the Vitamix as it is a staple of my kitchen.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I love my Vitamix but tend to go more with Falx Seed, what do the Chia Seeds taste like? I'll have to give them a shot. Love the Vitamix as it is a staple of my kitchen.

If you eat them immediately, or on something where they won't absorb liquid, then they are crunch and tasteless. If you eat them in something where they've soaked for awhile then they're slimely and tasteless... (think the bits of tapioca in tapioca pudding or something along those lines)
  • smartplan
    Options
    Chia seeds have lots of omega 3's, protein, and fiber. I put them in my vitamix drinks everyday! They do not have a taste and there is no need to grind them to get the benefits of them. I add them after my 'green' smoothie is done putting the vitamix on low just to incorporate them in there. I use 2 tablespoons everyday. Great fiber to move everything out. :)
  • CraftySissy
    Options
    I love Chia seeds. They are easy to put sauces, cereals, smoothies, soups, etc. They do tend to stick in your teeth, but they are worth the little bit of hassle getting them out.
  • jgthomas78
    Options
    I put the chia sees in my oatmeal and my yogurt. I used to put graham crackers in my yogurt, so now instead of carbs, I get all the good stuff from the seeds and still get some texture added to my yogurt.
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    I use chia seeds in my smoothies, on my yogurt, in my oatmeal and even on my lunch salads. Good stuff.

I also have a vitamix. One of my best investments- use it almost everyday!!

Angie