hardness afterlosing some weight..

Options
I have only about 65 more to go and my tummy area is hard, with a bump an inch over my belly button area..anyone else have an issuse like that..I am excited and yet scared of my goal because I dread 'needing' to have any more ultrasound. Had one many years ago, I just hope once I drop this weight my pcos will be deleted. If anyone has similar tummy oddities, please respond.

Replies

• pland54
    pland54 Posts: 132
    Options
    Hey there, I haven't experienced anything like that, but I just wanted to give you a word of caution. Although your PCOS symptoms may be a lot less once the weight is gone, you should not assume that the PCOS is 'gone'. I am borderline underweight, with severe PCOS. Extra weight is a common symptom or result of PCOS, but it does not cause PCOS.

PCOS is thought to be genetic; it's part of you, and while it can be managed, as long as you have ovaries you will have PCOS. Because of that, it's important to maintain a relationship with your doctor and get preventative care. Women with PCOS are at elevated risk of endometrial cancer, among other things, so don't ever skip annual exams, and you should still get ultrasounds once in a while. Abnormal pain or bumps are a good reason to get checked out.

I hope this doesn't discourage or scare you....PCOS is a pain in the butt. You have to go to the doctor if you are concerned about anything.
  • thatsingergirl
    thatsingergirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    PCOS probably wouldn't cause a bump over your bellybutton. I'd go to the doctor asap if I were you.
  • lotusspark
    lotusspark Posts: 367
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I'll look into it.
  • blondemom1979
    blondemom1979 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Bump could be a hernia, best see your doctor just to be safe :D