Morning workouts

Options
ekta1985
ekta1985 Posts: 4 Member
Does anyone on here workout in the morning? I try to workout after dinner, but then it seems like my whole evening is gone. The four times I've ever made it to the gym in the morning were great and gave me lots of energy for the day. The problem is that it is so difficult to get out of bed in the mornings! :yawn:

Do any of you have good tips for getting out of bed and making it to the gym?

Replies

• boom1186
    Options
    While I hate it when my alarm goes off, I have been going to the gym at 6:15 each morning. I do classes, so its always a good workout and really wakes me up for the day! I suggest trying it a few times a week, it gets easier to wake up early the more you do it.

I also like working out first thing in the morning since it helps me keep track of my calories during the day if i've already burned a lot.

I try to go to bed early and get a good nights sleep the nights before I go to the gym. I also take out my gym clothes and fill a water bottle in the fridge, so its quick and easy to get out of the house on time. Since my gym is only classes, I get charged if I don't cancel my 6 am classes by 8 pm the night before - thats good enough motivation for me!
  • mpsova
    Options
    I am a HUGE believer in morning workouts! I find that it gives me more energy and I am more likely to stay on track with food that day - a great workout in the morning seems to put me in the right healthy mindset for the day!

I second laying out your workout clothes and filling your water bottle the night before.

I despise getting out of bed early on a cold, winter day to workout, so my friend got me this: http://www.amazon.com/Clocky-Alarm-Clock-Wheels-Aqua/dp/B000TAS9XQ It jumps off of my bedside table in the morning and starts rolling around my bedroom until I can catch it to turn it off.
  • ekta1985
    ekta1985 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the tips! I already have my clothes ready to go and am going to go to sleep early.. Hopefully that will be enough to get moving! :)

I NEED one of those alarm clocks! That's so cool.