ARE YOU STRUGGLING? NEED MORE SUPPORT?

Options
Are you struggling with staying the course? Struggling with logging food daily? Struggling staying motivated? Feel like you need some sort of "Big Brother" or "Buddy" to look over you and keep you going?

I know we tried to get some sort of "Buddy System" going before but I think more of us are struggling & perhaps we can have better success NOW!

Do you want to have a "big brother" or "buddy" to offer you support and help motivate you? Someone to PERSONALLY check that you're logging food daily or getting in your workouts? If yes......PLEASE EITHER SIGN UP HERE OR PRIVATE MESSAGE ME!!!! This can be totally private if you'd rather or we can use this thread to make our match ups. It's up to each individual.....

You can explain your struggles here or to me privately, explain what exactly you need help with & I WILL FIND YOU A BUDDY!!!! I'll be calling upon members of our group that are losing consistently and staying active to be your buddy..... I think it might be best if you have the same buddy for just a few weeks or a month at most and than switch buddies.... Just to keep things fresh! Unless you tell me you want to keep the same one! It's all about what YOU need!!!!

Let's take this AWESOME GROUP one step further & offer up COMPLETE AND TOTAL "ONE ON ONE" SUPPORT for those who need it!!!!!

Replies

• healthymebetterme
    Options
    This is a great idea Jlc! I'd love to sign up for something like this, every little helps right?
  • New_Soul
    New_Soul Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am not sure how the buddy system would work for me - I have asked a friend that I know to keep an eye on me, but I soon became annoyed when he was checking what I ate and kept bugging me about it - I'm not sure how that would work with someone I don't know personally. Or if it was due to his approach... I don't know.

However, I wanted to ask - I keep having the same problem over and over - I start motivated and eat really well and exercise for 5 or 6 days straight only to slip up the next day... I am not quite sure what makes this keep happening and how to prevent it - anyone has a similar problem?

Thanks,
    cheers and good luck to all,
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I've got some "buddies" lines up..... Anyone else want to sign up for this? Every little bit helps and this will be "tailored" to each individual need!!!!
  • pamuyamakene
    pamuyamakene Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Yes, I'm struggling especially with exercise and working out, I get knee and ankle pain from working out that make me reluctant to stick with high intensity workouts ; I have 57lbs to lose so if there is anyone out there who has experience with getting themselves to work out, or who needs mutual support I'd be really happy to be your pal :))) thanks all!:flowerforyou:
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I just found this group today, and to answer your question, yes, I am struggling! Much like New_Soul, I do very well for a few days, maybe even a few weeks, then it's like I completely lose all sense and all my good habits go out the window. I would love to buddy up with someone for accountability and just checking in. Thanks!
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I just found this group too, because I'm friends with risingaboveit. I could always use more support, but more than that, accountability. I want someone who will not just say "good job" but to give me advice and gentle criticism as well.
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    i would like help. my strugles are with eating and keeping in track!!!! thank you
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I also need some sort of accountability. So easy to fall back into old habits.
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am needing support. I fall apart in the evening. Help me :)
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Ok I want a buddy.....one to help me stay accountable on the weekends.....
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    Options
    I'll get working on finding you buddies! :flowerforyou:
  • suzy1220
    suzy1220 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert on anything but I have been pretty successful (20lbs since Jan. 3) and I would be happy to be a buddy to someone. I do love hearing myself talk :)!
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    Options
    I'm not an expert on anything but I have been pretty successful (20lbs since Jan. 3) and I would be happy to be a buddy to someone. I do love hearing myself talk :)!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OFFERING!! YES! You'd make a great buddy! I'll be in touch...... :flowerforyou:
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    Options
    I'm working on buddies today so I'll be in touch with everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    Options
    I am SO IMPRESSED!!! I have SO MANY people who have said they'd be willing to be BUDDIES to someone in need of support!!! Just about EVERYONE I asked, said YES!!!! YOU ALL ARE SUCH A GREAT GROUP OF HELPFUL, SUPPORTIVE FOLKS!!! I JUST :heart: YOU ALL!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :happy: :flowerforyou:

I am working on the match ups but as I said, I do have EXTRA BUDDIES so if you need EXTRA HELP OR SUPPORT..... JUST SIGN UP HERE OR PM ME!!!!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Thank you for coordinating this! It's a great idea.
  • bellabijou
    bellabijou Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group and could really use some help getting back on track. I did so well for months, and now I feel I am right back into my binge eating and sneaking bad foods :-(
  • BeckyJo19
    BeckyJo19 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to sign up?? I could use a buddy :)
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    Options
    No, not too late at all!! I'll get new sign ups a buddy in next few days! :flowerforyou:
  • EvaKr
    EvaKr Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Can I sign up too? I'm new to the group. I'm having trouble with my eating. The scale isn't moving and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. This makes me slip up and concludes in me not losing weight :(