Maternity camisole?

Options
iampanda
iampanda Posts: 176 Member
Can anyone recommend a good maternity camisole? I need something quite long (I carry low, so many camisoles I have seen do not go all the way over my belly), form fitting, that can go under my clothes. It seems like anymore, shirts are either too low cut for my taste, or made with paper-thin material that you can see through. I would like something that hugs my curves though, because the one maternity camisole I have does not dip in between my chest and belly, and creates a weird straight line from chest to belly, which is very unflattering. It makes me look bigger than I am, with no shape. Any help would be SO appreciated, as my pre-pregnancy camisoles won't work much longer!

Replies

• kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have one by Noppies, which is very figure hugging and a nude colour, so just right to wear under anything. They are pretty expensive new but I got mine off ebay for next to nothing. I would buy up a size or two for length though. It's figure hugging enough it won't make any difference if you size up.
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have several different (albeit inexpensive) brands and they all do the same thing you're talking about- no dip. BUT, I made a couple of ribbon belts that I wear above my belly over my clothes that fix that problem. They are really cute and emphasize the bump. All you need is some ribbon and velcro.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Old Navy's camies are comfortable and nice and long so they don't ride up.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Check out Target. They have some of the stretchy/nylon material tanks that are really long. I'm 5'10" and those tanks covered my whole belly and then some.
  • iampanda
    Options
    Thank you, ladies. I will look around for some of those and see what I can find!
  • iampanda
    Options
    I have several different (albeit inexpensive) brands and they all do the same thing you're talking about- no dip. BUT, I made a couple of ribbon belts that I wear above my belly over my clothes that fix that problem. They are really cute and emphasize the bump. All you need is some ribbon and velcro.

What a cool idea! I will definitely have to give that a try!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

I find Old Navy's camisoles to be too thin and see-through :frown:
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    New York and Company has long or tall length camis that are nice. Make sure you get the "long" style though, the regulars felt too short even when I wasn't pregnant.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

That is why I like them, they are perfect for layering.
  • iampanda
    Options

I would be using them for layering as well, to go under my shirts that seem too thin or low cut. Thanks for all the ideas everyone!
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I just found this great website (Motherhood.com). It has a few things on sale and pretty good prices--buy one get one free at the moment too. It has the pants I like (the ones that are full coverage over the belly) and I'm going to buy some shirts/sweaters when I get home tonight. I know they have camis, but don't know if they'd be the ones you are looking for though!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

Oh, gotcha. That would work! Layering is rare where I live :smile: