Weigh in day?

Options
Wondering what day of the week you weigh in on and if there's a "reason" why?

I tend to use either a Thursday or Friday and generally its because if I've been bad at the weekend (whch I usually have!) then I've got time to get myself back on track and do lots of exercise in an attempt to make up for it....

Just curious :smile:

Replies

• Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh in every day. I made a blog post about why today. You can see it here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Kell_Smurthwaite/view/why-i-weigh-in-every-day-228386

18176012.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on a Wednesday as you know, just because that's the day I started lol! I used to weigh in every day but find I get too obsessed with minor natural fluctuations :)
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    my weigh in is on sat, this stops me being naughty on the Friday lol :) but even thou I only log my weight on a sat ... I stand on the scales many times during the day ... morning, before a meal, after a meal bedtime ... and in between times also .... I am not scared of fluctiations in my weight .... weighing every day allows me to see the true trend of my weight loss :)
  • Annmarie49
    Options
    I weigh myself several times a day but only 'check in' my weight on a Fri!!! that's because it gives me a 'break' at the weekend and the rest of the week to catch up!!!
  • jiz35
    jiz35 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every other day just to "check" but my real weigh-in day is a Monday. By keeping to the 1st day after the weekend it helps me stop indulging too much on Sat & Sun.
  • ekalexm
    ekalexm Posts: 73
    Options
    Normally I would weigh in around once per week. This time I've been weighing in every day and finding it more successful. Most days my weight makes sense, with occasional blips but I don't allow that to put me off. Ultimately everyone has their own preference I suppose.
  • stuart090575
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on a Thursday morning as Wednesday is normall my fasting day .... therefore I am at my lightest. I also stop drinking any liquids/water at 10pm the night before.

So that I get an accurate weigh in
  • fruitcake91
    fruitcake91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on a Tuesday at 6pm because I do Scottish slimmers along with mfp and that's when my class is x
  • arob_87
    Options
    I weigh in first thing in the morning Mon, Wed and Friday, used to do it once a week but found that doing it more often helps me more and if I've had a bad weekend encourages me to work harder during the week
  • BigHenCat
    BigHenCat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Usually stick to Saturday morning. Just because I take time out for myself that day. Also keeps me from binging at weekend.