So close to breaking the magic number!

Options
Okay so we all have that number. That number on the scale that we always want to see get broken, but always seems so far. Well mine is 140. I've never been overweight, but I haven't been fit either. That's my goal. To be fit, happy and healthy! Well that 140 is so close! 3lbs away from my last weigh in and I totally cheated and jumped on the scale today and I was only 1 pound away! 1 pound! This is like waiting for Christmas morning or some type of surprise party. What's everyone else's magic number or have you hit it yet??! Please share! I need to feed off of others success as I anticipate mine!

Replies

• sarac7620
    sarac7620 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    133 is my magic number! I've never been that weight as an adult. I'm 5lbs away! its a slow go tho seeing as it's the last few lbs. If I still have more to lose after I'll keep going but 126 will be the lowest :) Also I find I'm sticking to it so much better without weighing myself as often, as I'm so impatient to get results, I get disheartened :)
  • mnbramos
    mnbramos Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Mine is 145! I have been hovering around 148-150 for the last 2 months...I used to be around 135-138 the other year but gained some weight after realizing that my restrictive cals and over-doing cardio was contributing to me not getting "Aunt Flow" each month for a while. Decided I needed to be smarter about trying to lose weight and get fit...so I let myself pack on some pounds in hopes that my body could readjust. Thankfully it has!! But, now I'm trying to drop some pounds in a healthier way :)

I am currently at 148 and hoping that by April I can be at 140. I am getting married in July and just want to feel comfortable in my body for the wedding day and of course Honeymoon since i'll hopefully be living in a bathing suit for week!
  • hwalt001
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I'm sure you two will hit those numbers and a wedding - yay!!!

Once I see under 140 I plan on buying a new bathing suit to celebrate! Anything you guys plan on doing? Always looking for new motivational tips for those last few pounds!
  • mnbramos
    mnbramos Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea-- hitting 140, buying a new suit for the honeymoon! I also asked for a coach purse (never had a purse over $30 before just because I hate paying that much for one!) as my wedding gift if I hit 135 :)

I've tried to start thinking of things that I would love but isn't food. I always did that, rewarded myself with food which never really helped out the cause!

I'm at 146.6 as of today though :):)
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You are almost there! I've had a setback but still the last 10 will go away I know it :)
  • sandygettingfit
    sandygettingfit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My magic number is 135. I've gotten close (140) but then I quit exercising when it got cold. I've recommitted to getting back on track and breaking the plateau. I'm eating healthier and started exercising again.
  • sandygettingfit
    sandygettingfit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My magic number is 135. I've gotten close (140) but then I quit exercising when it got cold. I've recommitted to getting back on track and breaking the plateau. I'm eating healthier and started exercising again.

I will buy a new suit when I hit goal BR, Ann Taylor or J Crew and shoes to go with :)