want to cry

Options
chezz
chezz Posts: 69 Member
its been 4 weeks now and i have got on my scales and no move again 22st 5ozs wot is wrong wot am i doing is my bbody not wanting to get to 21 and down im so fed up i feel like eating the house out but will not oh im fed up sorry about the moan just a bloody **** month

Replies

• DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ok, lets not panic here. Lets tweak something.

I assume something like this is wrong :

- you're eating too much
    - you're not eating enough
    - your cal tracking is off

Have you calculated your TDEE? If you dont know what that is, tell me you age, height & weight and Ill do it for you.

Then for weight loss target around 20% less than your TDEE per day. Thats your daily goal.

I'll leave it at that for now so not to bog you down with details.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    *BIg Hug* and keep going - you know if you continue you WILL see a change for the better; if you give up then things will just stay the same or get worse.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Are you losing inches, perhaps?
  • chezz
    Options
    thankyou everyone for your support i am so glad i have you lot to help me cause i know i would go out of my mind i feel a bit of a idiot coming on and getting upset but then i think no its better than putting my head in the fridge im going to measure my self later i feel my jeans feel lose and the scales i use are at home so no weighing place so i think a trip to boots will be on the cards

darrel thanks your a good person thanks for your help
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    im going to measure my self later i feel my jeans feel lose and the scales i use are at home so no weighing place so i think a trip to boots will be on the cards

There you go :wink:
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hi Chezz, if you make your diary public also people might be able to give that extra bit of needed advice.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Ok, lets not panic here. Lets tweak something.

I assume something like this is wrong :

- you're eating too much
    - you're not eating enough
    - your cal tracking is off

Have you calculated your TDEE? If you dont know what that is, tell me you age, height & weight and Ill do it for you.

Then for weight loss target around 20% less than your TDEE per day. Thats your daily goal.

I'll leave it at that for now so not to bog you down with details.

Listen to him and let him help you. From what he's saying he know's what he's talking about.

I've been on MFP for 18 months and struggled. Then I started using the TDEE-20% method eight weeks ago and it's working perfectly for me. It's simple, no complicated rules (I'm having a glass of wine with roast chicken and roast veg for dinner tonight as nothing is banned!) and it works. If you need someone for support who is using the same method, please do feel free to send me a friend invite.
  • F1uffy123
    F1uffy123 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    me three! im using TDEE - 20% too and its working great for me.

Feel free to add me!

Keep your chin up!

x
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    Don't give up hun xxxxx what better place to vent than among people who really understand huggies xxxxx
  • chezz
    Options
    thanks everyone well i got weighed at boots today and i weigh more than my scales said so i have been eating well under my calories but im feeling ok now im reading to move on now thanks everyone for being there for me when i needed you

love to you all xxxxx
  • The_Gruffalo
    Options
    Hiya Chezz i know exactly how you are feeling i seem to be sticking to 23 stone hope to see my scales move soon tho fingers crossed

can someone explain the TDEE - 20% method?
  • F1uffy123
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

the full post is here. you dont need to read the entire thread just the opening post.

I am finding this so easy to follow and ive lost 12lbs in 7 weeks. I eat normally, dont deprive myself of anything and just exercise 3 times a week.

If after reading the post, you're still stuck (it took me a while to fully 'get it'), please just say. Happy to help! :)
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I would also stick to using one set of scales.

The different ones won't all be calibrated the same (and might not all be accurate) but at least if you stick to using just one set you can track your progress in how much you've lost
  • The_Gruffalo
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

the full post is here. you dont need to read the entire thread just the opening post.

I am finding this so easy to follow and ive lost 12lbs in 7 weeks. I eat normally, dont deprive myself of anything and just exercise 3 times a week.

If after reading the post, you're still stuck (it took me a while to fully 'get it'), please just say. Happy to help! :)

Hiya sorry to be a pain

Had a quick look through will give it a proper read when little on is in bed but am i right in thinking after reading it that i should no be eating below my BMR and eating 20% less than my TDEE?
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    My scales are on thin carpet and they give a different reading depending where on the floor I put them!

Some days they suggest I've put on 3Kg in 24hrs when I have eaten beneath my calories and exercised. Move them to a different patch of the floor and they give a lower reading. And the same patch isn't consistent day to day, lol!

So if you have really been eating well under your calorie usage (to simply maintain weight) then you must have lost weight or at least swapped fat for muscle. But to be honest in the first couple of weeks there tends to be a lot of water loss so I'd expect to see the weight go down. I'm questioning your scales... But whether you use Boots machine or your own scales, make sure to stick to that scale only as you can't compare between scales.

Oh and make sure you weight yourself at the same time of day each time, your weight fluctuates during the day.
    General opinion seems to be first thing when you get up is the most consistent...
  • F1uffy123
    Options

Hiya sorry to be a pain

Had a quick look through will give it a proper read when little on is in bed but am i right in thinking after reading it that i should no be eating below my BMR and eating 20% less than my TDEE?

You're not a pain. That's correct, should not net below BMR and yes after you have calculated your TDEE minus 20% for you calorie intake. With this you do not eat back your exercise calories as they have already been accounted for. That's one thing I love about it. The consistency every day and I don't feel any more hungry on exercise days :)
  • chezz
    Options
    Hiya Chezz i know exactly how you are feeling i seem to be sticking to 23 stone hope to see my scales move soon tho fingers crossed

hi yes thats me i thought i was 22st that is wot my scales said but i know deep down that was not right so when i went to boots and they sais 22st 8lbs i was ok with ok i could not stirp of like you can at home lololol bloody hell i would scare everyone but i feel now i have a plan i work with now but like i told the hubby im just going to weigh myself now once a month if not i get a little upsrt when one week i do not move lolol so heres to a VERY LONG JOURNEY but wow its going to be a thrilling one getting there lol

good look with yours to