Suburbs....looking for more motivational local friends

Options
NW chicago burbs here.....I have been on here for a bit...just looking for more friends so we motivate each other :-)

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm in MG, and work out at PF on Dempster and Harlem :D
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    HI! Im on the NW side of the city! feel free to add me. I also work out at Planet fitness.
  • MelAb8709
    MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. (Western burbs)
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    NW burbs as well, though I work out at home because the gyms have gotten so expensive! I do miss the gym, though! Hoping to find a cheap setup on craigslist in a few months when I have some extra cash.
  • MG_Fit
    Options
    Planet Fitness is $10 / month
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I've only heard bad things about them and not being able to lift weights and that is the only thing I enjoy. I used to go to lifetime but they were up to about $70 a month and they were awful! Would not reccomend. Scarred me from trying other gyms :p Save a couple months of that to buy an olympic set and you're set for years to come!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I was skeptical about planet fitness too...............a year later here I am and love the place! I also was a wheight lifting junkie. but PF has what you need. Unless you are like a pro body builder......................
  • MG_Fit
    Options
    I was skeptical about planet fitness too...............a year later here I am and love the place! I also was a wheight lifting junkie. but PF has what you need. Unless you are like a pro body builder......................

I agree. It doesn't have the wide variety of free weights like LifeTime or Xsport. Max barbell is 60 and dumbbell I believe is the same. I have to start getting creative with my barbell workouts :P

But all in all, I like it.
  • attocs
    attocs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been on MFP for about 4 months now and I have all of 3 friends (one of whom is my wife, go figure) even though I post to boards. Is it because I am male??? I am in the far north suburbs (Gurnee, Zion area) and I am looking for friends. Maybe we can hook up and walk or something when the weather gets better.
  • mmoister79
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am from the NW burbs of Chicago (Crystal Lake). If anyone is from around that area, let me know!
  • jlong2184
    Options
    Crystal Lake here also, been working out and eating healthy for a couple years and just about to my goal. Feel free to add me love to help people on the same journey!
  • Bells5001
    Bells5001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am from the NW burbs of Chicago (Crystal Lake). If anyone is from around that area, let me know!

I'm from Crystal Lake too! I live off of Miller and Frank. I workout at Lifetime Fitness. I'm 41 and a nurse at St. Alexius Hospital. I have about 15 more pounds to go! 1/2 way there :-)
  • snweber79
    snweber79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in Crystal Lake, too! Not very active on here, but very active in real life. I teach Zumba and Zumbatomic all over McHenry County. :)
  • vanessagumdrop
    Options
    I am in the north burbs as well, would love some work out friends
  • mrhonesty
    mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I live in Elmwood park and work on the North Shore. I could always use a friend and will stalk you if you don't log in more than 2 days!! :)
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! I am new to this group and still fairly new to MFP. I am in Elgin....northwest burb. Always looking for more motivation and to give some as well!!
  • Dayala06
    Dayala06 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Aurora area here! Feel free to add me!
  • KScott927
    KScott927 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need some local friends to workout with also! Crystal Lake here, add me if you want to go for a walk (I'm not a runner yet!) or help keep each other accountable! :flowerforyou:
  • mikesgram1
    Options
    Anyone near Hanover Park?
  • ohsointricate8
    ohsointricate8 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm in the western suburbs!