This is going to be tmi and sound dumb....

Options
aeich8899
aeich8899 Posts: 55 Member
Okay so I got off my birth control in july. Hubby and I just wanted to see what would happen. My periods have been just slightly irregular being around every 60 days or so. One time it will be past that another it will be before. I use MyDaysX to keep track. Now I'm due in a week, but last week I was horribly nauseous for an entire day. Figured it was just early pms symptoms. I usually get some nausea and cramps before hand. Now a week later I have been nauseous for almost 48 hours but have not vomited, driving or being in a car makes it worse which sucks because that's my job. I thought I had started my period before I became nauseous but it has disappeared. I used one tampon changed it and the next one there was not ANYTHING there like at all; usually i will have a super light day before it really starts but its been almost two days since it started and nothing. Usually I'd be in full swing by now.
Yes we've been having unprotected sex as we were not trying but not preventing.
I'm planning on taking a test in a couple days after seeing if my period comes; probably in 3 or 4 days whenever i get inpatient; but was wondering if anyone had ever had symptoms like this? Basically I'm nauseous all the time. It took forever to get to sleep this morning and it's just annoying. I do not want to eat or drink anything, but had some apple sauce and that's about it.

Do you ladies think either stupid PMS or possibly pregnant? Like I said I'll be taking a test in a few days if it does not start.

Replies

• WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    That doesn't sound dumb at all. I have gone through times where I am very nausious when my period has been late and then of course I get my hopes up test and it comes back negative. So your not the only one who has had these feelings. but with that since the nausia has lasted so long that could be a possilbe sign of pregnancy. My suggestion to you is to live the next few days as if you were as in no drinking no smoking and then if your period still doesn't come then test for pregnancy. Try not to get your hopes up too high because when you take these as signs of pregnancy and find out you are not it is devistating (know this from personal experience) Good luck!
  • lilynblue
    lilynblue Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's not a dumb question. I have had symptoms similar to yours and been pregnant, but I have also had the same symptoms and not been pregnant. Do you know if you are ovulating? I would recommend taking a pregnancy test sooner rather than later because if you are hoping to be pregnant, and thinking you may be, the longer you wait the more upsetting it will be if you find you are not pregnant (at least that has been my experience). It is possible it could be withdrawal bleeding as that is common in long cycles.

Also I hope it is ok that I just jumped in and posted without an introduction.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Totally fine, Lilnyblue. Jump in any time.

Testing too soon could give a false negative. I'm going to echo the advice of behaving as if you are, but waiting to get your hopes up until after you test in a few weeks. You might also check in with your ob/gyn.
  • aeich8899
    aeich8899 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm still nauseous and have been having these quick pinching pains on my left side and in the middle. they come and go. I'm going to wait a few days until I test; because I'm early as of now by about 4 days So I'm going to wait until then. But so far it's been over 48 hours since my "period" stopped. I know that since they are so long in between i can get that in between shedding, but usually I don't and I wrote down my dates for the last 8 months and they are actually within a few days of each other every 60 days or so. I honestly have no idea if I ovulate or not unfornately. But good news is if I am pregnant I dont drink or smoke anyways lol.
  • lilynblue
    lilynblue Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My cycles were the same way before my daughter was born coming about every 60 days. I was ovulating, although it was a weak ovulation, I ended up conceiving with the help of clomid. I hope this cycle is it for you!
  • pland54
    pland54 Posts: 132
    Options
    Just wanted to say I really think all of those things are perfectly normal for PCOS, pregnant or not. But fingers crossed for you! (Assuming that is what you want)