brand new to the group

Options
a friend of mine told me about the 5x5 strength training program. I am a mesomorph body type. according to my type strength training is reccomended. do you post what you do each program here? the reason I ask is because I don't have a video tape of this would love to join in. any strength training friends can add me to their friends. would love to hear all about this. I did read the faq's

Replies

• Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!

What do you mean when you ask if we post what we do in each program? In the chat thread we share what our lifting stats are pretty regularly but that's about it!

If you are looking for video of how to do the program, Mehdi actually has youtube videos of both workout a and b available and they are great to watch for an idea of what/how you should be doing.

Also, if you have an iPhone there is an app available and it is awesome! It tells you everything you need to do!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!!

I'm relatively new, as well (just joined a week or so ago), and this has been such a great group for learning as well as meeting other women that like to pick up heavy stuff and put it down. :laugh:

I downloaded and read the first half of Mehdi's 5x5 Report, as well as the spreadsheet to use until I get my minimums up to the defaults that are on the iPhone app.

I also watched the youtube work out videos over and over until I got it, and refer to them regularly.

:smile:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I think the most information can be found in the summary sticky. It says what the program is, what each of the workouts is, and how each lift progresses. There's also links to a lot of useful videos and sources for how to do the lifts.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • nzfoxz
    nzfoxz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new too...welcome and nice to meet you :)