what do i do now?

ok so I started MFP on january 02, 2013 as of friday 02/22/13 I had already lost 15lbs. Friday I find out IM expecting .....so what do I do now I ask myself & how many calories 2 eat now cause i know im not suppose 2 go down on my weight omgosh please help somebody I feel lost but im extreamly happy help help help....:happy:

Replies

• rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Change your goal to maintenance and you should be good for the first trimester! Don't take the saying "eating for two" literally, because you really aren't. Going into second trimester you should probably change your goals to add 300 calories a day. If you exercise before you were pregnant, don't stop! Just make sure you are not doing any strenuous cardio or weight lifting.

And finally, congratulations!
  • sseratt
    sseratt Posts: 20 Member
    I have been doing maintenance + 100 calories since I found out I was pregnant. I am 13w3d along. When you are around 16-20 weeks, add more calories (about 200-300). Eating for two is NOT eating for two. People constantly push food at me "since I am eating for two" so be aware of that. It was really hard for me to eat normally during week 6-9 since I hated the site of veggies, but I am doing much better now. Getting back into my salads and veggies. Sadly, I gave up diet coke. Good Luck and Congrats!
  • Fat2FitQueen
    Fat2FitQueen Posts: 79 Member
    awww thnx im just a lil in shock lol :blushing:
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Congratulations! I agree, go with maintenance calories for now, then set to 1/2-lb/week gain during the second trimester, then 1-lb/week gain during the third trimester, all based on your pre-pregnancy weight.

Don't worry about being in the middle of losing weight. You can get back to that later :wink:
  • schelly81
    schelly81 Posts: 161 Member
    Same thing happened to me! I started in Sept 2012, found out Dec 3rd that I'm expecting. Surprise! I had lost not even half the weight I was aiming for. I did maintenance calories until 13 weeks then I put it up to gain .5 a week to add an extra 250 a day. I'm 16 weeks and have only gained a couple pounds.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Congrats!!!

I agree with the other posts. Also, your OB will help you gauge this as well.
  • prplrose33
    prplrose33 Posts: 78 Member
    I agree. Maintenance calories for now then add about 300 once you hit the 2nd Trimester.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Somewhere I read a really easy trick. You add these to your total daily expenditure...

1st trimester = +100 calories
    2d trimester = +200 calories
    3d trimester = +300 calories

I haven't really followed this at all...I usually eat too much anyway...which I'm sure I'll pay for later. Anyway, this can be a guideline, but make sure to focus on QUALITY of food and get some saturated fats in so baby's brain and body develops well!

http://www.westonaprice.org/basics/dietary-guidelines?qh=YTo4OntpOjA7czo2OiJiYXNpY3MiO2k6MTtzOjU6ImJhc2ljIjtpOjI7czo5OiJiYXNpY2FsbHkiO2k6MztzOjc6ImRpZXRhcnkiO2k6NDtzOjk6ImRpZXRhcmllcyI7aTo1O3M6MTA6Imd1aWRlbGluZXMiO2k6NjtzOjk6Imd1aWRlbGluZSI7aTo3O3M6MTg6ImRpZXRhcnkgZ3VpZGVsaW5lcyI7fQ==