New to the group

Options
Apyl32
Apyl32 Posts: 91 Member
Hi, my name is April. I was recently officially diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance in November 2012. I have had symptoms for the last 10 years. I was put on Metformin, spironolactone, and reclipsen. I was told I should be able to loose weight now so here I am. :) I was exercising last month but one thing led to another and I got off track. I thought if I joined a group I would be more consistant.

Replies

• WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I was so happy myself when I found this group as I was diagnosis exactly one month ago today and found it hard finding people who understood what I was going through, not only with the heart ache of trying to conceive but also with the frustrations of loosing weight and all.

One of the things that one of the trainers says that everyone needs to do weather you exercise or not is Move More throughout the day so when you aren't able to exercise normally just try to move around more.=, :) Good Luck!
  • Apyl32
    Options
    Thanks. Sorry about your stuggle with TTC. Personally it never bothered me. After I had my oldest I went 4 years without my period, the one month I got it I ended up pregnant with my son, after him I went on the nuva ring for a few month then had my daugther. As soon as we had her DH got a vasectomy. I lucked out with being able to have kids. I also loved that I never got a period. My biggest issue is the weight. I have tried and tried to loose the weight and would seriosuly exercise myslef ragged but still nothing. I'm hoping finding out about the insulin resistance and starting treatment for that will help me loose the weight.
  • WifeofPJ
    Options
    Thanks! There is a lot of information out there I just google PCOS Diet and view websites that are from rebutable sources.
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies just wanted to wish you both luck in your journey i too have PCOS and insulin resistance but it turned into full blown diabetes until i got serious and began to lose weight i am now in remission and the weight is comming off slowly but surely
    i too am trying to conceive me managed to in 2011 after a month on metformin but it turned out to be ectopic we are now just concentrating on losing weight so that i can be as healthy as possible when we try again.

good luck to you both feel free to add me if you need more support
  • WifeofPJ
    Options
    Hi ladies just wanted to wish you both luck in your journey i too have PCOS and insulin resistance but it turned into full blown diabetes until i got serious and began to lose weight i am now in remission and the weight is comming off slowly but surely
    i too am trying to conceive me managed to in 2011 after a month on metformin but it turned out to be ectopic we are now just concentrating on losing weight so that i can be as healthy as possible when we try again.

I'm so sorry to hear that you were successful in conceiving but lost the baby. I can't imagine how much harder that is knowing how difficult it is too get pregnant and then loosing it. Good luck with getting healthy and trying again!
  • Apyl32
    Options

Sending luck right back at you on your weight loss and TTC.
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    WELCOME feel free to add me. i've had PCOS for 8.5yrs now and we had trouble conceiving but finally have a 3yr old daughter. As with everything PCOS takes understanding and time. Its harder to loose the weight but not impossible! :)