BL - Don't you hate . . .

Options
Lovlilyn
Lovlilyn Posts: 79 Member
When the contestants on BL start weighing less than you do?

I also think it's not fair to lose this big pile of weight and still look, well, overweight. Don't get me wrong, they look amazing, but when I see that someone has lost 100lbs, and yet they still are obese or have rolls, etc. It's just discouraging. I feel the same way about myself, I've lost 28lb, but I still look awful! I guess that's why I obsess so much over the number on the scale, there is so little in the way of rewards until you get to the end goal, you have to have something to motivate you.

Replies

• Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Have you been taking photos of yourself along the way? Because you might think you don't look good, but I bet if you compared photos with how you used to look, you would think differently!
  • dll2013
    dll2013 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Looking good is a big part of it but think more about your health. Think of the benefits for your insides. Your heart and lungs won't have to work so hard to keep your body going. And your joints, they are going to thank you the older you get. Keep going and don't get discouraged. You are doing the right thing.
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I never watch BL because as hard as they are trying-someone gets "voted" off. I don't think this is the right kind of motivation or at least not for me.
  • Kitsada
    Kitsada Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yes, I hate when they get smaller than me on BL. What is really confusing for me is when they weigh less than me, but I think they look worse, because I can only assume they are very short, or have an apple distribution, while I've got the pear...

Also, this year, I watched with my kids, and they both asked, in all seriousness, why I didn't try and get on the show...
    (I'm 5'6", currently 207, wearing a size 16, heaviest 222.) I'm trying to explain to them that I'm really not quite big enough... blah, was depressing they thought I should be on there.

They lose tons of weight, super fast, since they're exercising like maniacs for many hours every day. There is no way a normal person can dedicate that much time to working out, for one... nor am I sure you should do something that you won't be able to maintain. It is no wonder their skin can't keep up and many of them wind up with all the hanging stuff. The rapid loss makes for good scale numbers, and good tv, though. As does the drama of voting off, I don't like that part, really if they're still fat, they should get to stay, all of them... don't like the competition aspect of the show.

Still, its overall positive, to me. If they can do it, I ought to be able to do it... and I love that there are kids on there this season, and that they're focusing on childhood obesity. it opens up discussions with my kids on healthy eating, healthy habits, etc. I also like the recipes and tips.

If anyone hasn't tried the biggest loser fiesta turkey mini tostadas, you're missing out.. :)

60 Baked Tostitos Scoops
    Olive Oil Spray
    1 Lb extra lean ground turkey breast
    salt & pepper to taste
    1 cup salsa

Cook turkey breast in pan, add salsa, put in the little scoops. Voila! My girl loves these.

Servings Per Recipe: 4
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 260.0
    Total Fat: 3.5 g
    Cholesterol: 65.0 mg
    Sodium: 680.0 mg
    Total Carbs: 26.0 g
    Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
    Protein: 28.0 g
  • Lovlilyn
    Lovlilyn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Kit, I don't like that someone has to leave either, but I do really like how, in general, they are all very kind and supportive of each other - it kind of reinforces the myth that heavy people are "people pleasers", I'm not sure about that, but I feel that they have empathy for each other, and that goes a long way. I have been motivated by the phenomenal results that the voted-off contestant has been able to do - I love that they show that at the end.

Thanks for the bonus recipe!
  • mklassy123
    Options
    One of the contestants on it this year is a friend of a friend. I've met her before years ago. The only scoop I got through others is that even though she was voted off, she has kept up the diet and exercise and is still doing great. They all really do support each other, and Jillian Michaels is supposedly fabulous in real life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Personality that is, we all know she's gorgeous and fit.