Introduction and confession

Options
Hi everyone,

I’m new to the group and thought I would post a topic introducing myself – being as honest as I can.

I’m Nikki and I suffer from very bad anxiety, especially around my weight. I’ve suffered from anxiety problems for my entire life.
Now I’ve reached my goal weight and I am transitioning over into maintenance I’m finding that my anxiety levels are through the roof. I keep having a lot of panic attacks and I am petrified about the possibility of gaining weight again. I don’t feel like I’m in control.

I want to keep this off long term. I’ve promised myself I’ll never go back. The transition is a very stressful period on its own, but adding a life-long anxiety issue into the mix and that is where it gets ‘fun’.

My most recent ‘freak out’ has been from me being concerned that I’ve damaged my metabolism after reading multiple posts on the forums saying that netting under 1,200 a day is bad for you. I did this for a long time during the start of my weight loss process as I thought it was good and normal. Now I’m concerned keeping weight off is going to be a lot harder for it and I’ve messed up my health – which was the key driver to lose weight in the first place.

I find myself being affected by a lot of topics on the forum. Does anyone else have this issue? It is almost like I need to please everyone by trying to do the right thing.

I’d love to have some friends in a similar situation to me, where we can support each other and try to get each other through a tough time, without stressing.

Nikki

Replies

• ledard
    ledard Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    well I myself have lapses of anxiety and panic attacks. Most of mine are more like I m going to have a heart attack or something because I ate to much bad stuff today and didnt work out. Strangely I still need to lose weight even though I let this keep me up at night. Ill gladly friend ya and see if i can help you make the transition if you want me to.
  • JasmineOravec
    JasmineOravec Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi... new to mfp and to the group & happy to be here. Yesterday, on my way into a self-defense class I had a full blown panic attack and couldn't walk into the room. I've been to it before and like the class very much. It's a full workout so I was excited to go. I'm trying again tonight, though. Wish me luck. I will support any new friend especially one who shares a similar problem. We can do it together!