London-based personal trainers

Options
castadiva
castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
Hi all, I'm looking for recommendations for a personal trainer in London (Central-West, for preference). Ideally someone with a good knowledge of strength training, who won't be afraid of women lifting heavy, and HIIT. I'm not looking for someone to give me endless cardio, or to insist I should eat 'low fat, low carb', but I do need some guidance on correct form and appropriate lifting exercises. I can probably only aford to see someone once every 6-8 weeks to check in and make any necessary alterations to the program we work out. Any recommendations?

Replies

• Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have a couple, depends where in west London you are
  • castadiva
    Options
    I'm in the Notting Hill area, and tend to use LA Fitness in Bayswater or Piccadilly (near work) for workouts. For the right trainer, I'm perfectly happy to work elsewhere, though.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Notting Hill area, and tend to use LA Fitness in Bayswater or Piccadilly (near work) for workouts. For the right trainer, I'm perfectly happy to work elsewhere, though.

I'm out Twickenham way and could give you a few names - but I think it'll be too far for you.
  • castadiva
    Options

I'm out Twickenham way and could give you a few names - but I think it'll be too far for you.

Probably - I have a crazy schedule so tend to stay central when I can, in order to fit everything in. Thanks for the offer, though!
  • Krissie_Triaxis
    Options
    Hello lovely,

Are you on facebook? If so look for Joanna Taylor ( or tayloredforyourfitness.wordpress.com is her blog), she's London based and works in LA Fitness (not sure which one though), so she might be able to help or be able to recommend a collegue nearer to you :)

xx