Creative workouts!

Options
I am a working mom and when I get home in the evenings all I want to do is spend time with my children, they are both 9 months, so my options are very limited. Have you guys found any workouts that work great for you? Any help would be great.. I love the joggging stroller but the weather doesnt always allow it!

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you could do a "Mommy and Me" class during the weekends with the both of them?
  • anmafuller
    anmafuller Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is my biggest problem! I have the hardest time finding TIME to work out. As a working mom of two boys, ages 5 and 10, it's hard! I get home at 4:30 and they are in bed by 8:30, that gives me 4 hours a day with my kids - add in homework time, and making dinner, and all the other Mom stuff we Have to do, that leaves little play time. And I don't want to sacrifice the little play time I have with them to work out.

The only real thing I've been able to do with them is bike. When they were younger I would bike with the youngest in a little seat on the back of the bike while the other rode beside on his own bike. Now that they are older, I get them to go on a bike ride - they can ride their bikes about 1.5 miles before getting bored and wanting to come home - while I walk or jog beside them. But that's it - and it's not intensive.

What I have done is work out at 5 AM before I go to work or after they go to bed at 9 PM. These times are so hard for me. By 9PM, I'm exhausted after a full day of work and then a full evening of busy mom stuff, and at 5AM... so tired... must sleep! I always fall off the exercise wagon because of this. The only thing that really does work is going to the gym during my lunch break. I worked for one company that would let me come in a little early and leave a little late and then take a 1.5 hour lunch break - long enuf to get to the gym and get in a 45-60 minute work out. But my current company is not as lenient and is 12 minutes from the nearest gym, leaving me 36 minutes to change into workout clothes, workout, shower, and dress for work. Not impossible - I think actually quickchanging could be counted as cardio!

I guess my point is that it's hard to find time, even harder to stick to the times that are available, but it can be done. We can do hard things, afterall, we are mom's - we are experts at hard! :)