CrossFit Ladies............ Clothes and CF

Options
Hi

A few simple questions regarding what us ladies find best to wear during a WOD and what works best for you at different times, ie handstand pushups, do you like to make sure your stomach is covered, tuck a top in, or dont you mind you top over your face?

I wear sometimes shorts over my leggings as have noticed lots of others in front me and you can see their underwear when holding squats or bear crawls. I also make sure I wear fitness shorts under my leggings. Just a thought, but you any of you have any other suggestions regarding what works best for you during a WOD?

Any links or anything?

I like Sweaty Betty sales, adidas shorts, also Under Armour gear is amazing. Trainers I like my oasis, socks skins. Have not tried lifting shoes yet, nearly everyone has them at the box.............

Thanks x

Replies

• divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    In my world, nobody is looking at anybody else during the WOD, so if they see my undies peaking out, or get a flash of belly and go blind, it's their own damned fault. Most of the people at my box are in such a shape, it doesn't matte if they cover up or not, but my preference is to tuck my shirt in on handstands, and my shirt flipping up is incentive to move faster on my bear crawls. I wear leggings or compression shorts because I don't like the jiggly feeling when I don't. I also wear shorts over them because sometimes, the cheaper ones I have slide down my *kitten* when I run because they don't have ties at the waist. I like Hind leggings the best, everything else is just whatever. New Balance shoes are awesome. No interest in lifting shoes, would rather do that barefoot than in shoes with a raised heel.
  • zookeepersuzy
    Options
    I tuck in the front of my shirt for anything that will have me inverted b/c I like to be able to see/breath. If I was in better shape and not trying to hide my giggly bits, I'd probably just take my shirt off. I was a runner before I started xfit, so I just wear my running skirts/shorts with lining to WOD in.

my fav brand for bottoms is skirt sports & I like the tech tanks I get from one more mile.
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    In the summer I wore cheerleader shorts and fitted shorts underneath. Long enough to cover the lower butt fat-fold. I also wear fitted sports bra-tank that won't slip during handstands. In colder weather I wear slim fitted training pants (Nike Drift line) and the sports bra tank with a long sleeve training shirt over it.

Personally, I'm self conscious about panty lines so I wear proper underwear. Most women, however, don't care about VPL or when the shirt slips during handstands.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I usually wear Lululemon tights - the one time I wore shorter shorts we did rope climbs and I got major burns on my thighs, so I won't be doing that again. otherwise I usuualy wear a old tight singlet that stays put. I also wear tight mens boxershorts - no VPL and they are super comfy.
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    +1 for lululemon. Pricey but worth it, I have tights from 4 years ago that still look brand new. I wear their shorts a lot too because they have built in liners so even if I'm doing handstands or squats you still can't see anything. Honestly I don't really notice other people during the WOD mostly because I am in my own little world trying not to die :)
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    +1 for lululemon. Pricey but worth it, I have tights from 4 years ago that still look brand new. I wear their shorts a lot too because they have built in liners so even if I'm doing handstands or squats you still can't see anything. Honestly I don't really notice other people during the WOD mostly because I am in my own little world trying not to die :)

Hahaha. this made me laugh.
  • littlehokie
    Options
    I love lulu tanks and athleta crops. I also have a few running skirts from lulu I'll bust out during a non-inverted WOD.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice ladies, regarding undies a pic went on FB and there was a very big kick off!! Should of put that really.

Going to have a look online, thanks again for your time. x

Climbing rope, even with my long pants I still get rope burns :(.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I normally wear long tanks from WalMart. They're fitted and long enough so they don't move much, even with HSPU's and pull-ups, etc. As far as bottoms, I use shorts that are long enough where I won't show anything while I'm squatting or whatever, and tights or leggings from wherever as long as they fit. LOL. I normally get stuff from Kohl's or a sporting goods store. I agree though, I don't really pay attention to other folks because I just want to get in, kick butt, and get out. I just make sure my wobbly bits aren't showing. :)
  • sugarcrystal8
    sugarcrystal8 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    For bottoms I love the Fila sport capri's from Kohl's. Not expensive and they're thick material and cover the knees which helps because I still drop on my knees for push-ups. For tops I wear a tight fitted tank top from walmart and then a bigger Tshirt over top. So if the T falls up then I'm still covered underneath. Plus the tank underneath keeps me warmer since I WOD at 8pm. I just wear my hubby's old Ts. I think Alysa is right and no one's worrying about anything since we're all just trying to survive LOL.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If it's warm outside I wear nike shorts (the ones with a liner in them) and if it's cold I wear tights (with a thong under). I always wear tank tops b/c I hate working out and having anything on my arms even if it's freezing out. Oh and I wear nike free training shoes.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I don't like working out in shorts, and I am usually in Nike, UA or Fila fitted capris. On top, it's usually a long tank (Nike, UA, etc.) or a cheap-o t-shirt (I love Target's $10 graphic tees). As for undies, I usually wear Under Armour's boy shorts or thongs.
  • MelJolly
    MelJolly Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm a "fluffier" CrossFitter, trying to spare my WOD buddies as much horror and damage as possible. I wear capri pants, and fitted undershirt/tank so that things are held in place while jumping, squatting, running, etc. with a tshirt over the top. I've gone down several sizes in the fitted tanks, and am hoping that when the current ones are too big to actually hold things in place, I'll have lost enough that there won't be much to flop around anyway.
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Now that spring is here...fantastic knee socks, booty shorts, and a hilarious shirt or tank.

sorockshop.com - great stuff for a reasonable price
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    i own a lot of lulu since people tend to give me gift cards and my husband scored big when he bought me a wardrobe full one christmas. Fitted tanks usually, or a sports bra with a looser tank over. I don't like wearing shorts because my thighs rub and chafe when we have any amount of running.
    I've recently liked a lot of Old Navy Active. It's not see thru when you squat or bend over.
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Inov-8s, nike dri-fit leggings and big underwear, shock absorber sports bra, technical tshirt, or fitted vest/top if we're doing something like handstands or burpees. I find that tshirts tend to slide up my back in the burpee process so nobody needs to see my gut hanging out mid-WOD. I stick to lycra leggings and capris as shorts chafe when I run, and I try and make sure my tops are long enough to cover my butt.

in other news I bought a reebok top a few months ago that looked horrendous when I first tried it on, too tight, everything splurging out everywhere. I grabbed it in a panic yesterday morning when I was running late and couldnt find the top I wanted.....and it doesn't look half as awful now :-)
  • TX_Aggie_Dad
    TX_Aggie_Dad Posts: 173
    Options
    Honestly I don't really notice other people during the WOD mostly because I am in my own little world trying not to die :)

This is true for the guys as well. Are we primarily there just trying to get through the WOD and get a workout in? Yes.

Now before and after the WOD? Let me just ask you if you notice the ripped CF guys walking around with no shirts on before or after a WOD? So yes, aesthetics are noticed. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. :-) And if the guys are noticing what you are wearing, my experience tells me the other women are noticing what you are wearing even more.