Zumba for the Wii

Options
jonzo21
jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
Hey guys, I have zumba fitness 2 and zumba core for the wii. Just wanted to hear other peoples opinions about these games compared to each other. To me, it seems that I like the song selection a lot better on zumba core. But some songs, a certain move will only be done one time in the song (towards the end usually) so after repeating the main moves I get thrown off when it ends on a different dance move, and unless i repeat the song over and over and over... I tend to forget about it. And some of the moves I just feel really stupid and out of rhythm with. On fitness 2 I was able to learn the moves quickly but I feel its taking me longer on Core.

How do you guys feel about these games? Also feel free to add me, would love some zumba buddies!

Replies

• bec30
    bec30 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I only have Zumba 2, got it about a month ago... I think I'll keep my eye out for the Core one too! :) I feel like I do pretty well with the songs, but I'm sure I look absolutely ridiculous doing it! LOL But at least it's more fun than 30 min. on the elliptical. I do find when I just do single songs, and therefore have a little more breathing time between them, I'm able to do more songs and get a good 30-40 min. Workout in, otherwise a 20 min. Class does me in. :P

With the new year, my new workout regimen is MWF, strength training at the gym, and T/TR do Zumba at home.
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I have Zumba Party? I bought Zumba Core for Christmas as a gift to myself and I love it. I enjoyed the other Zumba DVD but find the Zumba Core is much harder. I love it because you gain levels and new songs are added. I think the other one does something similar but I am finding that this one is for me. I dont have a good time to get to a real Zumba Class lately so I pop this one every afternoon. I love the fact that it warms you up and then cools you down. I have been doing this now for five days in a row. I choose different routines to work each time to make it different. So I like both very much and there isnt a muscle that hasnt been touched! I go for the hour routines! You can also add me too if you like. I find it really fun to have someone to compare sore muscles with! Have a great day! Pris
  • jonzo21
    Options
    It is definitely more fun than the eliptical! I find with zumba I lose track of time. The eliptical I'm constantly watching the time so it can be over lol.

Lavender, you're saying on core you unlock songs the more you play? I've played it since beginning of Dec but I don't remember unlocking new songs... just bonus videos, and a new venue.
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Does Zumba Core still have the same type of dancing and music as Zumba 2?
  • jkbabydoll08
    Options
    i have zumba for xbox for kinect.
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've got both (on Wii) as well. As far as I can tell you don't unlock any songs on the Wii version.
    Out of the 2 I think I prefer Zumba 2. I quite like how Core works with the layout and goals and unlocking videos etc but I struggle to pick up some of the new routines whereas I picked up the '2' ones fairly quickly. They seem more complex to work out - not always bad but hard if the tough ones happen when the camera is panning about!
    I also like how '2' is less 'americanised' and has more latin music then Core. I'm not a big fan of several of the styles in Core (far too much variation as well) and think it could do with more of the samba/salsa/etc. That said, espeically with some of the songs I seem to feel it more in my abs/arms the next day with Core.
    It's fun to flail around at home trying to do it - so long as no-one sees my whale trapped on a beach trying to get back into water impression.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have Zumba Core for the Wii. My sons got it for me for Christmas so I haven't been doing it very long, but I'm loving it!.
  • jonzo21
    Options
    I agree that the routines were a bit harder to pick up in core as compared to zumba 2. But I've got them down pretty well now (but I only play about half of the songs... I don't really like the bellydancing and the Russian style songs/routines in this version). I loved the bellydancing songs in zumba 2, I kinda miss that.
  • Malaak1477
    Malaak1477 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it! I have had Zumba on Wii for Over a year now Its my 3 to 4 times a week Jam Session. I just started using it with the calorie counter and dropped 5 lbs last week! I do either 20 mins or 45 mins depending on how busy my day has been and its totally working! I love it. I can exercise in the comfort of my own home and dance, sweat and burn those calories all I want. Its ok if you don't get the dance moves right away in time it comes.. the object is to keep on moving to shed those cals. Its a ton of fun. I also do Dance 4 it has a segment in which you can do a sweat out and its pretty cool too.
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I now have all 3 (just bought game 2 last week).

Here are my opinions:

Zumba Wii 1 (aka Join the Party):
    Overall: This is fantastic if it's your first game or exposure to Zumba.
    Visually: The graphics are older because it is an older game.
    Music: A lot of fun songs that I did not know before; a few that I really like now
    Extras: There isn't much in the way of extra features.
    Scoring: You can cheat the scores by bouncing up and down (or shaking the Wiimote).
    Learning Curve: A- ....it's hard to tell what the instructors are doing sometimes, due to the vague graphics, but the moves themselves are mostly simple once you figure it out.

Zumba Wii 2:
    Overall: Definite step up from Zumba1, and step back from Core. Incorporates more core and leg toning moves than game 1.
    Visually: The graphics are definitely improved over Zumba 1
    Music: More unfamiliar songs. I don't have any that I particularly like yet.
    Extras: Progress, calories. Introduces the cues - little shadow windows telling you what comes next...which help a lot IMO
    Scoring: Less easy to cheat the scores. Still seems more based on movement than accuracy
    Learning Curve: B+....a lot of moves familiar from the first game, a lot of repetition throughout the songs.

Zumba Wii 3 (aka Core):
    Overall: My favorite of the 3. Has a couple songs that are pretty much entirely standing ab exercises, and all songs involve leg lifts, side squats, kicks, etc, which work your core.
    Visually: The graphics are greatly improved. You can tell who is who.
    Music: Some popular songs you might already know plus some zumba-specific ones. More than just Latin beats. My fave soundtrack so far.
    Extras: Progress, calories, goals. Uses the cues even better. Extra content you unlock, which are little interview segments with the instructors
    Scoring: Seems more accuracy based (even though Wii can't score your arm movements, it does seem to somehow help when I do the arms right??)
    Learning Curve: B....a lot of now-familiar moves and patterns (L-R-L-L, R-L-R-R), but with new twists. New moves as well, including Bollywood and even ballet.
  • staceylcash
    staceylcash Posts: 71
    Options
    I have been doing zumba off and on for the last yr, not been consistent due to health issues. But i love zumba fitness on wii. I have the first game, and now i know the majority of the dances but when i was starting out i had to do the same dance everyday to learn it when i got it down i would go to the next one only after really learning the one i was doing really good. I have never been to a live class but i hear its better. I wont ever know because i am a very embarrassed and shy person so i would never be able to do it in front of people. One day ill get an updated version soon. But right now im in my comfort zone cause i know the dances on this one. I hate learning new ones lol