Anybody like this?

It seems the more weight I loose the more my TOM's come more naturally once a month, now granted they ain't there yet but much much better! Instead of twice a year now they are once every 2-3 months.

Have you noticed it or is it just me lol

Replies

• WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    That is normal weightloss is suppose to help keep PCOS in check. I only recently got diagnosed with PCOS but I have known something wasn't right for awhile (DR always just told me what wasn't right was my weight) but when I have been sucsseful in loosing weight my Periods would be lighter and last about 4-5 days but when I would gain the weight back they would be heavier and last about 6-7 days. (I never had the issue of only having a few periods I've always had heavy periods and then after the Nuva Ring i went to 40 day cycles from 32 day cycles before the nuva ring)
  • Apyl32
    Apyl32 Posts: 91 Member
    Yearsago when my PCOS first kicked in my weight fluctuated after my DD was born. Yes with the weight loss my peirods came more often once the weight went on they disapeared.
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Yeah that happens I have had PCOS since I was 16 and only got my TOM with birth control once I stopped that i would go over a year with none, which at the time was fine by me I have only lost a total of 28lbs so far and my TOM is regular now right on time too it was annoying at first but when your are TTC it is needed so now am happy that am becoming more womanly if you know what I mean LOL

it will get closer to monthly as you lose more weight at least that what I was told by my dr heck they were shocked that I began to ovulate on my own since i had not been for the past year
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Unfortunately my periods have been gone since I was 16 and only 105-110 lbs, so I don't think that losing weight now is going to help me get my cycle back - I'm doing it more to be healthier in general than anything to do with PCOS. But I've definitely heard that it helps for some people.