Anyone in Muncie area??

Options
shelleyfey
shelleyfey Posts: 17 Member
Not new to MFP but new to this group! Thanks for the invite. Would LOVE to have someone to workout with! I currently go to the YMCA - downtown and NW locations. Also bike on the Greenway in good weather. Not into running, I'm just not a runner, but would love to walk with someone too! Share recipes, foods, knowledge, etc. Have spent the last 2 years maintaining after weight loss, but we all still need encouragement! Send friend request if you like.

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Not new to MFP but new to this group! Thanks for the invite. Would LOVE to have someone to workout with! I currently go to the YMCA - downtown and NW locations. Also bike on the Greenway in good weather. Not into running, I'm just not a runner, but would love to walk with someone too! Share recipes, foods, knowledge, etc. Have spent the last 2 years maintaining after weight loss, but we all still need encouragement! Send friend request if you like.

My wife (kathyazach on here) and I are about 20 minutes west of Muncie in Frankton. We sometimes cycle along the trail along the River in warmer weather - not sure if that is the Greenway or not. We are especially likely to do it on Sunday evenings when our kid is at wrestling practice in Yorktown...
  • shelleyfey
    Options
    We live close to the Hawthorn Street entrance and I usually bike the entire length along the river, 6 miles one way, and back - usually try to hit the trail early mornings in the summer, but could do a Sunday evening too, keep me in mind when the weather gets nicer!
  • OoBethanyoO
    OoBethanyoO Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in Muncie =)
  • PrettyandPolished
    PrettyandPolished Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    We are in Muncie and right now I go to modern lady fitness but this weekend my family and I are signing up at the YMCA. Maybe we will bump into each other some time! I'd love to find friends to ride with. I have a nice bike but I'm not from here and I don't really know anyone well.
  • mamamay43
    mamamay43 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in Muncie, have been on MFP since August 2012...Shelly, did your husband retire from BSU? You look famililar? Anyway, feel free to friend me. Would love to have more local friends.
  • shelleyfey
    Options
    I'm in Muncie, have been on MFP since August 2012...Shelly, did your husband retire from BSU? You look famililar? Anyway, feel free to friend me. Would love to have more local friends.

Still at BSU - sent you a friend request - we'll figure it out!!:smile: you look familiar too!
  • npeery
    npeery Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in Elwood. I forgot that the Greenway goes through Muncie! I'm from Gas City so I used to walk and bike the Greenway all the time. Now I usually walk at Mounds and Shadyside parks in Anderson on the weekends.
  • shelleyfey
    Options
    I'm currently in Elwood. I forgot that the Greenway goes through Muncie! I'm from Gas City so I used to walk and bike the Greenway all the time. Now I usually walk at Mounds and Shadyside parks in Anderson on the weekends.

Mounds is a fun place to walk, I've been over there before. Love to bike the Greenway tho...
  • craudi
    craudi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm in Muncie as well. I haven't been active on MFP in a while, so I'm seeing if it's for me again. Just thought I'd say hello!
  • tchorrushi
    Options
    I am in Muncie, Live on the East side towards Selma.. And only been in the area for a couple years. I dont know many people here and have been looking for some walking buddies. I have many pounds to lose. For I gained tons of weight when I moved back north. I am just starting my weight loss and dieting and really could use some moral support. My hubby is a truck driver therefore he is only home week-ends. So I dont have much of a cheering section to help me along my way.
  • staacy1
    staacy1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I work in Daleville. I've been going to Anderson to Catapult Fitness on Thursdays for Piloxing and Hot Yoga. If you want to change it up a bit, it's a lot of fun. The most fun you can have getting your butt kicked anyway. ;)
  • calliou
    calliou Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I work in Anderson/Noblesville/Indy (depends on the day)... but I live in Muncie too! I haven't been able to hit the bike trail yet, but would love to find a yoga class somewhere close. Thought about joining the Y, but some days, I don't get home from work till they are closing!
    Any ideas anyone?
  • krstn102109
    krstn102109 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in Muncie, too! I go to downtown & Yorktown YMCA. Always open to new fitness friends! :)