Why are Mop Handles so short????

Options
TyFit08
TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
Am I the only one that wishes mops, brooms and vacuums had longer handles. Do they think only short people mop, sweep or vacuum. Always kills my back. Clearly tall girl problems

Replies

• amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it! I used to vacuum while kneeling because anything else made my back hurt. Then I bought extension wands for my canister vac. I still prefer doing floors on mu hands and knees because it saves my back.
  • Jesseca118
    Options
    and strollers!!
  • staceyhotmama
    staceyhotmama Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have wondered this myself!
  • Mhay913
    Mhay913 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, so annoying!!! The same goes for sinks! They all kill my back. The only solution I've found so far is to make my husband and kids do all the mopping and dish washing :)
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I used to think it was just me. I buy extensions now and luckily my house accomodates me and my families height, although my daughter is short.
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yes! I go to Home Depot and buy the extra-long wooden handles (Shovel handles, or maybe hoe handles?) they sell for my brooms and mops...It makes them a little heavier, but at least I don't have to stoop while I sweep.
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yes, so annoying!!! The same goes for sinks! They all kill my back. The only solution I've found so far is to make my husband and kids do all the mopping and dish washing :)

My parents raised all the units and work tops when they re-did their kitchen (tall family)
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options

My parents raised all the units and work tops when they re-did their kitchen (tall family)

This is what I'm most looking forward to about having my own place - redoing the kitchen to accommodate my height!
  • gonesewing
    gonesewing Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    and strollers!!

Yes!! This drove me absolutely batty! I was always kicking the bottom even after getting the kind with extensions. I am only 5 11 so not even that tall (but legs are long). So glad my last kid is 3 and has been out of the stroller for over a year now.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options

me too :)
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Hahaha I was doing house work yesterday and thought exactly the same damn thing!
    My back gets so sore doing housework!