favorite brand of jeans?

Options
So - as a tall gal, I have a hard time finding jeans that fit me. Generally they're too short - or they're OK but I can't wear them with ANY sort of a heel. I'm 5'11 and need a 36" inseam - 37 is better - size 4-6 or 28 depending on the brand. My favorite jeans are Hudson Supermodel, and Joes Jeans (Twiggy). I have a pair of Rock and Republic that are OK but thought I would take a poll - maybe I'm missing out on some cute, long jeans that I don't know about. So - what are your favorite jeans?

Replies

• stephcalcott
    stephcalcott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    No one? Bueller?
  • staceyhotmama
    staceyhotmama Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 11.5 and I have the the same problem with jeans. A lot of times they are too short in the crotch. I like Levis if I'm lucky enough to find them in Long which is rare. Long sleeve tops are tough too- long sleeves on me are 3/4 sleeves.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5'11'', but have a long torso and my legs are average, so I can wear the long jeans, but they usually hit the ground unless I wear some sort of heel...forget flip flops. My inseam is about 34, so I especially have issues finding jeans that are comfortable (not too stiff) and are long enough and look good in the booty (it's all about pocket placement, lol). Not sure about brands yet. My goal is to go shopping for a great pair of jeans when I hit goal. Until then, I have "eh" jeans that will have to do.
  • Jesseca118
    Options
    Im 6'1 and just about every brand even the tall is still too short. The only brand that really fits me that ive found is the gap they have tall and extra tall and I love them just wish i could afford them more. sometime they have good clearance though
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5' 10", and I've been really happy with Express Rerocks. They tend to be a little long, and have been fine for me even in heels.
  • RebMW
    RebMW Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The talls from Gap and Eddie Bauer usually fit me. I am 6'0. There is also a brand called Long Elegant Legs that sells nothing but clothes for tall girls.
  • jandueporti
    jandueporti Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Silver Jeans - they come in inseams of 35 or 37. I always make sure they have 1% or 2% spandex and they make my butt look great :)

I usually buy mine on ebay - I have saved searches for "x 35 Silver Jeans" and get emails when new ones are listed.
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yep, Silver jeans are the best for me. I used to like lucky and also Gap, but they don't work on my curves anymore.
  • carachel2
    Options
    Hmmm...let's see. Kut from the Kloth are nice and long; Paige Denim jeans are really soft and comfortable. I wear my Paige skinnies with boots so I admit I haven't found a nice bootcut in that brand yet. WhiteHouse Black Market has a Blanc fit that works well on me and comes in long.
  • CoCoRedRider
    CoCoRedRider Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Kasil and Ranahan I've found on tallcouture.com and Petrol I found for super cheap on sierratradingpost.com. These brands may only come as long as 36" though, which is what I get.
  • ved8301
    ved8301 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I get all my jeans from the Gap. The long and lean style is awesome! Very slimming. The tall is a 37 inseam per their website. I'm 6'2" and they are perfect! If you order them online when there's promo's, you can get them from $50 or so a pair, sometimes cheaper.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i rarely wear jeans because i have a donkey booty (working on it....) but i buy them at JC Penney and they are long enough in talls (i'm 6'0), The brand I like is "a.n.a" but they also have their own brand (jcp jeans) that come in ultra tall. You can see them on their website.
  • phoebegetsfit2
    phoebegetsfit2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and wear a 34 inseam. I love American Eagle. They carry long sizes in the store and extra long sizes online.
  • stephcalcott
    stephcalcott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i rarely wear jeans because i have a donkey booty (working on it....) but i buy them at JC Penney and they are long enough in talls (i'm 6'0), The brand I like is "a.n.a" but they also have their own brand (jcp jeans) that come in ultra tall. You can see them on their website.

I have to know - what is a "donkey booty"?????
    :)
  • allie491
    allie491 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love Lucky jeans, but can't really afford them, so it's usually Old Navy.

I bought a couple pairs of the boot cut diva for about $20 a pop, after discounts. They have longs, but they are not super long, about 34 inch inseam, which is ok for me at 5'9.
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options

I have to know - what is a "donkey booty"?????
    :)

Wondering the same thing! :D
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and also longer in the torso than in the leg, so a 34" inseam is usually perfect for me.I usually go for Old Navy but after I'm down to goal (whatever that turns out to be), I'd like to get some nicer jeans, so I'll be coming back to this later this year. :smile:
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 with a 37" inseam. I'm in Australia and I have found an AMAZING pair of super log and very flattering jeans from Undercover Wear. All their pants are super long, I love them!
  • cswhitchurch
    Options
    Like many of you, I find that the "long" sizes in stores are still a bit too short for me. I am 5'11" and the minimum inseam I can wear is 35" for pants (other than skinnies).

I did discover that the Gap sells extra-long inseams online. To my knowledge they don't sell them in the stores, unless someone has returned a pair. The nice thing is, they let you return online purchases in the stores-- so I went through a somewhat tedious process of ordering jeans and returning them until I found the sizes/styles I liked. I used to wear almost exclusively Gap jeans until I found others, and now I rarely wear the ones I own!

I am in love with my AG (Adriano Goldschmied) jeans, as well as my Paige jeans (I think they're either a bootcut or trouser style-- to the member who mentioned they had only tried Paige's skinnies!) Actually my Paige's are my favorite and I think they're the most flattering pair I own-- but I WISH they were about 1/2 inch longer. They're just a bit too short, or they'd be perfect. :(

I also own a pair of Joe's Jeans in a slight bootcut style. I like them and they're super soft but I definitely prefer my AG or Paige to them.

The pair I wear the most are from Banana Republic. They're actually the REGULAR length, which is crazy-- but they're skinnies so they hit at my lower ankle and it looks fine. The rise is slightly higher than in my AG or Joe's, which makes it more comfortable for me. Gap's skinnies have slightly higher inseams too, which is why I used to wear those the most until I found my pair from Banana Republic-- I think BR's are just more flattering and feel softer.

(I don't pay full price for any of the designer denim I own-- I have purchased them on sale from Gilt.com and Nordstrom Rack-- but I actually scored my Paige and Joe's Jeans from Plato's Closet?!? for $20 each. Couldn't believe it.)

I have a pair of Hudson Jeans that I absolutely loved, but don't wear any more. The back pockets have buttons on them, and I have had to replace one of the buttons too many times. It's irritating so I haven't bothered replacing it again and it looks silly to wear them with one missing.

TOTALLY went above and beyond the actual question of what is my favorite brand of jeans, and instead shared my opinions about almost all the jeans own-- so sorry!! But maybe someone will find it a helpful guide. :)
  • kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing Gap jeans lately because they are less expensive than other brands. Hate to spend $100+ on jeans when I haven't reached my weight loss goal. My favorite brands are from the Buckle though. Big Star is a favorite.