Friends and Inspiration WANTED

Options
msapril17
msapril17 Posts: 11 Member
I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 13. I recently achieved victory as a PCOSer TTC. I am 24-1/2 weeks pregnant with my first, 34 years old, and quite obese. I fell off the diet wagon before I got pregnant, but in the beginning of my pregnancy I lost weight pretty steadily. I gave up my diet soft drinks and started drinking sweet tea without realizing how many calories I was actually adding on. I have now gained about 12 pounds and have certainly cut out the sweet tea! I am not on a restricted diet but I am trying to follow a specific calorie goal. At my current weight I do not need to gain much if any weight during pregnancy and in fact losing weight would be beneficial as long as it is slow and steady. I am hoping to find some other moms to be and fellow PCOSers out there for inspiration! My plan is to breast feed this baby which I hope will help in the weight loss after the baby is born and hopefully by the time we get to #2 I will be closer to a healthier weight than where I started with this one. I want to be an active mom not a lazy mom so here I am climbing back on this wagon with new found motivation!

Replies

• Pooh1981
    Pooh1981 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby!!! I am a fellow PCOSer and was diagnosed when I was only 15 and am now 31 yrs. old lol! I never understood anything about pcos I live kind of in the backwoods of Va and from my experience with Drs. they never knew anything about the effects of having PCOS on the fertility side or the health risks involved with having it! You are welcome to add if you so want I am a dedicated encourger. One thing though is I never planned on having any children of my own so that is one thing that I will never have to go through even though babies are the most amazing thing in the world!
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    congratulations on the pregnancy hearing people conceiving gives me so much hope. I was just diagnosed after trying for 9 months and gaining 30 lbs in 5 months after going off of birth control despite the fact I worked out 45 minutes a day 5 days a week and ate relativly healthy. Not as healthy as I have been the last 5/6 weeks. Although I am not a mom yet (hopefully in the next year I will be) I can give you support with your food and nutrition. Congratulations again on the pregnancy and I pray that you have a healthy pregnancy and baby.
  • Valetta09
    Valetta09 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! Congrats on your pregnancy! Thank you for sharing as it gives me hope. Have been diagnosed for 11 years now since I was 18, haven't tried to get pregnant but also haven't not tried. For now I am trying to focus on getting healthier so I can hopefully get pregnant in the near future!

Feel free to friend me - I'd be happy to share support and would really like to hear about your journey!

Warmly,
    Jessica