Friends and inspiration NEEDED

Options
msapril17
msapril17 Posts: 11 Member
I am 24-1/2 weeks pregnant with my first, 34 years old, and quite obese. I fell off the diet wagon before I got pregnant, but in the beginning of my pregnancy I lost weight pretty steadily. I gave up my diet soft drinks and started drinking sweet tea without realizing how many calories I was actually adding on. I have now gained about 15 pounds and have certainly cut out the sweet tea! I am not on a restricted diet but I am trying to follow a specific calorie goal. At my current weight I do not need to gain much if any weight during pregnancy and in fact losing weight would be most beneficial as long as it is slow and steady. I am hoping to find some other moms to be out there for inspiration! My plan is to breast feed this baby which I hope will help in the weight loss after the baby is born and hopefully by the time we get to #2 I will be closer to a healthier weight than where I started with this one. I want to be an active mom not a lazy mom so here I am climbing back on this wagon with new found motivation!

Replies

• miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    We are all here for you. I am 35 weeks, 3 days n I have put on 34lbs which my doc is monitoring very closely. I'm sending you a friend request.
  • mrswix1029
    Options
    I'm the same way. I was 210 lbs then got down to 155 in 10 months. Got pregnant and stopped caring about my weight. I have gained about 28 lbs so far (I'm 30 1/2 weeks) and my doctor just took me off work so I have a lot of free munching time. But I have decided it's time to eat healthy. If I lose weight then GREAT, if not that's okay too. I just want to developed healthy habits.