Awkward work schedules

Options
Anyone else out there struggling with an unusual work schedule? I only work 4 (consecutive) days a week, but they are 6 pm to 6 am shifts. So far I'm doing great with staying under my calorie goals, but fitting in a workout plan is proving to be difficult. I have a little over half a mile from the entrance to my desk, so I walk that instead of taking the bus in and out. I also try my best to get up and moving during my lunch break, but I only have half an hour for that. Dealing with work and trying to get 8 hours of sleep is challenging enough that simply getting up an extra hour to work out doesn't seem like much of an option for me. Any suggestions?

Replies

• tb221
    tb221 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You can try the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It's free on youtube. The workouts are total body and take less than half an hour. They're quick and effective.

Maybe waking up half an hour earlier is easier than a whole hour?
  • Kalaehdhari
    Kalaehdhari Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was meaning to say that set workout times were difficult for me. I feel like I have a bit of time after work, but I'm worried that something too intense will keep me awake. I've tried going to sleep earlier, it just seems that my mind needs a couple hours after work to wind down. I end up just staring at the ceiling. Though I've been wanting to try out the 30 Day Shred program, so thanks for letting me know that it's on YouTube! I'm sure I'll be able to incorporate it into my routine.