Insanity workout

Options
I am on week four of insanity workout and the name says it all. I took before pictures and just took some more the other day. I was getting discouraged because I felt like I was not getting the results I wanted quick enough but wow when I looked at the before pictures and the ones I just took I see a big difference. I am not losing as much weight as I hoped but I am now beginning to build muscle so I am trying to be patient and just stick with it. Insanity is the first workout program that I have actually stuck with. there are days that I just want to talk myself out of doing it because I am so sore but I know in the end the results will be rewarding. I am having trouble with eating right because I a such a picky eater I hate vegetables and I know that is not good at all but I love all fruits so I am hoping eating more fruits will make up for what vegetables I don't eat. Does anyone have any suggestions on a shake that I can take after my workouts? I would love to try the Shakeology but it is very pricey so I am looking for something not as expensive.

Replies

• yayasma
    yayasma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I no longer drink shakes after my workouts. I will eat a lean protein and a complex carb within 45 minutes of workout.

Light tuna packed in water with Triscuit crackers
    Turkey or chicken breast (not lunch meat) with 1/2 an apple

If my workouts are closer to dinner I make sure that dinner includes 20 - 30 grams of protein and at least 30 grams of complex carbs.
  • kbutz1
    Options
    Shakeology is not inexpensive but at $4.00 per shake it is certainly better than most other things out there. There aren't other options out there that are going to give the health and nutrition benefits that Shakeology will provide you. Most other shakes are just protein, sugar and artificial flavors. Just give it a try and see how you feel.

Do you have a beachbody coach currently? If not, message me and I'll be happy to assist you. In fact I am currently offering a $20 cash back incentive to anyone who orders Shakeology on Monthly Autoship before 11pm tonight Feb 28th.

Send me an email if you are interested. Coachkpb@gmail.com

Kevin Butz
  • kbutz1
    Options
    Great job, sticking with insanity by the way. I've done it a few times and you are right the name is well earned.
  • desertcrafty
    desertcrafty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing Insanity but....couldn't you make one yourself? Protein powder, fruit and ice - maybe some yogurt....voila! I even make shakes with oatmeal thrown in.