Squat NSV!!

Options
LishieFruit89
LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
So on Wednesday, my 85lb squats felt really hard and 90 seemed impossible but I decided to do my last 2 sets at 90lbs.

And today I did all 5 at 90.

Here's the NSV though, the big dude who I see lifting every time I am & who squats like 315lbs, nodded his head at me & said good job!!

Yay! Because I was afraid my form wasn't the best & was thinking of asking him to critique me.
But I'm like on a high now, yay!!

Replies

• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    BOOM!

When I grow up I wanna lift like you!!!!!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    That is freaking awesomeness right there!!!! BOOM is right.

I had a similar experience last night...did my last set at 90lbs too...and I did notice the guys that were there kept coming back to check on me...it was kinda cute...I felt like saying "hey baby...watch this!" And then I texted my bf and told him my stats last night...he said "you aren't going to hurt me are you?"

Damn I love all this stuff...I love seeing powerful women...and I :heart: feeling strong!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!! I haven't seen many people with good form at my gym, so I haven't bothered striking up a conversation with anyone. At least you have someone who knows what good form is, and the conformation that you're spot on. Way to go!
  • LKG31
    LKG31 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That's an AMAZING NSV!!! Good job girl!!!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!

It was such a great feeling, I noticed him watching me the other day too lol.

It's actually slightly influencing my decision for which place will be my new gym so I can find others like him haha
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    yeahhh!! thats a rockin NSV!!!