YOU Lazy BUM!!! Get up off that couch!!! 3/1/13

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://www.livestrong.com/article/374066-how-much-rest-between-workouts-for-muscle-growth/

or read from a intense workout website...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/randy3.htm

I wanted for us to know the facts about why rest is so important. sometimes I read people's posts and they workout 7 days a week for months....that is not only unrealistic but will hurt the body in long term. So I wanted us to have proof why the body needs rest. So no GUILT! So for this March Madness I keep reading....know in between hard workouts rest is a good thing!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Knowledge is a good thing. It never ceases to amaze me that people want to loose weight, but they refuse to research how to go about it the best way. I know it is hard because every few years we are given info and then a few years later they reverse themselves. I always run it by the test question, " Can I live normally with this the rest of my life, not just the time I expect to be on a "diet?" If the answer is no, pretty good chance I will not be following the advice. Great post g7g.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think that's why we hurt after we workout (not the injury type hurt, but that good hurt that lets you know that you exercised well) this is our body's way of saying "Hey take a break or I'll make you walk like a drunken frankenstein for the next three days!" I know my muscles are screaming today because I worked out with Super Trainer last night, so I know that even though this is the good hurt and I could work through it, and some weeks I do, I need to take a little break (especially since tomorrow is a performance... really don't need to be doing the drunken frankenstein walk then!!!) and my performance tomorrow will be my workout.
    I try to give myself one rest day a week (and my workouts vary in intensity, so some workouts are not too bad) and my normal workout schedule gives me Sundays off, so that way if something doesn't work out during the week, I can use that day as a rest day and do something on Sunday to make up for it.
  • fajeeta
    fajeeta Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    "Hey take a break or I'll make you walk like a drunken frankenstein for the next three days!"

ROFL!!! Now THAT'S a quote!!!
  • katepoetchan
    Options
    Today was rainy and windy and GROSS but the dog needed a walk and let me know it. I went to the store with her and came home and made a great veggie breakfast and now it's off to take her for another stroll! Bring it on rain.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    "Hey take a break or I'll make you walk like a drunken frankenstein for the next three days!"

ROFL!!! Now THAT'S a quote!!!
    Weeellll, that IS pretty much what I look like {staggers around the room with arms and legs stiff and straight "UNNGGHHH....UUUNNGGHHHH"}
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Sometimes I think that's why we hurt after we workout (not the injury type hurt, but that good hurt that lets you know that you exercised well) this is our body's way of saying "Hey take a break or I'll make you walk like a drunken frankenstein for the next three days!" I know my muscles are screaming today because I worked out with Super Trainer last night.........

LOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Frankenstein!!!!!!!!! LOOOOL! I love it!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Knowledge is a good thing. It never ceases to amaze me that people want to loose weight, but they refuse to research how to go about it the best way. I know it is hard because every few years we are given info and then a few years later they reverse themselves. I always run it by the test question, " Can I live normally with this the rest of my life, not just the time I expect to be on a "diet?" If the answer is no, pretty good chance I will not be following the advice. Great post g7g.

YOU are so wise and insightful and a very realistic person!
  • MommyLovesHerFurBabies
    Options
    My husband and I like to make Sundays our rest day. That way its during the weekend so we have an entire day to go and do what we want (weather permitting). I could never do that workout hardcore 7 days a week! I'd keel over for sure. I do a lot of walks with my pooches and honestly thats where I seem to lose the most weight is when I just take more walks. Thats how i lost 40lbs in 2011 was weight watchers & walking a few times a week!
    So I say to you Mr. Worksout Aggressively 7 Days A Week....PUT THE DUMBELLS DOWN, PUT EM DOWN!! COME ON YOU CAN DO IT!! GOOOD MR. AGGRESSIVE WORKOUTER, VERY GOOD!! LOL
  • valerieottaviano
    valerieottaviano Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oh I long for a good rainy day. As a northeast girl who loves weather landing in LA the land of extreme sunshine ,all this sun is sometimes a hardship! The last time we had a good soak here I had to take my car to be serviced & I walked home it's like over 4 miles. They looked at me like I was crazy 1) this is LA people take cars to go across the street & 2) the guy was like miss its raining . I must have looked crazy. All smiling like Christmas morn! I was l know that's why I have my gorgeous umbrella!!!! Enjoy a walk in the rain for me !!!! Have a great Saturday!!!!