Spironolactone, Metformin, BeYaz, help?

Options
Greetings my fellow Cysters, my doctor recently upped my dose of Metforming to 1500 a day, she has me on BeYaz, and now has put me on Spironolactone 50mg twice a day.

I was wondering if any of you ladies out there are on the same combination, and if there is anything I should be worried about.

I have been on the Metformin, and the Beyaz for a while now, I am just nervous about the Spironolactone. Reading the list of side effects about potassium scared me a little bit since I know BeYaz contains drospirenone.

So any advice would be outstanding. Thank you everyone.

Replies

• kutazsa
    kutazsa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Since the summer I am on metformin pills 1500 a day but nothing else, my doc sayed that I have to eat if I feel myself weak otherwise I can faint.
    You have no idea how long i have to pick these pills? for rest of my life???
  • theuber
    Options
    I know its only been a couple of days since you've posted this, but I wanted to know how the Spiro is working for you? I just learned about it recently, and have read about how.its supposed to help with energy. Have you noticed a change since starting it?
  • Qfrump
    Qfrump Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I took birth control and spironlactone together for a couple of years. My skin was beautiful! Since I didn't even know what PCOS was at this point, i can't really make any comparisons. I also think that combo may have helped with unwanted hair, but it's hard to say for sure. So many confounding factors!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a pretty normal combo for a PCOS gal with insulin resistance. I love the Spironolactone. My skin is clearer, the excess hair is lessened, and my hair loss is much improved. I think it's kind of a miracle drug for PCOSers.
  • bec_232
    bec_232 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I love spironalactone. It's great for skin, hair loss, and mainly excess hair growth. BeYaz didn't agree with me = bloated big time but I know others it has worked well for.

All the drugs you are on do sound very normal to me.
  • ancksunamun668
    Options
    I love Spiro - I've been on it for a while now and have found a big difference!