Personal Trainer

Options
melr01
melr01 Posts: 70 Member
Hi Everyone,

In the past I've used a few different personal trainers and in most cases they didn't work out. I had a friend help me out for awhile before she moved away last April. Then after interviewing 5 or 6 trainers, I finally found one that I liked (it took several months). I've been working with him since November and I'm so happy that I signed up with him. He is so passionate about fitness and living a healthy lifestyle that it is hard not to end up caring as much as he does. He is looking for more clients and as much as I don't want to share him, I want to see him succeed (like he is helping me to succeed in my lifestyle changes). He doesn't know I am posting this but I want to help him any way I can. If you or anyone you know is looking for a trainer, please send me a message and I will pass along his information to you (or give him your information).
I doubt I am supposed to advertise stuff like this but hope it is okay being that it is not for my personal or financial gain.

Replies

• JJMorrocco
    JJMorrocco Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What part of town does he train in? Public or private gym? A rough idea on rate? Website?

I haven't really started my search for a trainer yet, I want to see how I do on my own, which is alright so far. Maybe if I hit that wall I will stat looking. I definately would not do good with an intense trainer. Think I would be looking for something more casual i.e. meeting every second week as opposed ot every second day.
  • melr01
    melr01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    We started out with him training me in the gym in my condo building on the south side. Now we work out at Kinsmen Sports Centre. I believe he was training people on the north side as well at a different City facility. I believe he charges $50/session. He is not the type to push for 3 to 5 times a week providing he knows you are working while not working with him. He doesn't have a website as he is on his own now and I think going more by word of mouth or kijiji.
  • vesperpt
    vesperpt Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Would he come to my gym and work with me there? I need some help in the lifting department and I would LOVE to help out someone on their own, rather than pay a big company more of my hard earned dollars.