Works in Progress?

Options
maremare312
maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
What is everyone working on? I'm kinda taking a break since I just finished two baby quilts for my cousin's new baby, but I do have a paper-pieced Matryoshka wall hanging I am working on, and the next project will be a cowboy quilt for a friend who is in love with the rodeo and all things cowboy!

Replies

• momkoz
    momkoz Posts: 6
    Options
    I have been mending clothes the last two days. 2 pairs of jeans that are now un-raggedy, heh, and a shirt that had a hole in it. Otherwise, waiting, not so patiently, is my daughters t-shirt blanket. I'm still working on the back. One more strip around should make it. Then I can pin it up.
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Kinda taking a break, also. But have lots of kids quilts cut out for Christmas gifts. Hope the weather cools soon, so I can get my machine going. I am working on a whole cloth quilt that I just keep available and quilt on when I have a few moments. (That is a hand quilting project). Thanks for starting the topic. :happy:

Hope to hear from others as this group is really growing. :love:
  • institches64
    institches64 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi-

New here! I am working on table runners for an Oct craft fair. Plenty of UFO's set aside though - lol!
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Welcome Instiches,
    I bet UFO is all our middle names. Have a great day:flowerforyou:
  • maremare312
    Options
    Here's the Matryoshka I'm working on! I hadn't done any (foundation) paper piecing in a long time, so this took me a while because I biffed it up a few times. Just want to put on another border (probably orange?) and then will quilt it and turn it into a wall hanging for a friend. We're both soap makers, but I ran out of soap for personal use so she sent me a bunch and I am making this for her in return. Her soap logo is a matryoshka. If anybody is interested in the pattern, I can look up the etsy seller I bought from and post the link to her shop.

7917535212_ff6e2fb4b2.jpg
    2012-08-31_19-59-31_224 by maremare312, on Flickr
  • institches64
    institches64 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I have done a lot of paper piecing and love it. It is more time consuming, thats for sure. What kind of soap do you make? I love stuff like that - do you have an etsy shop?
  • steppingstones
    Options
    M- Soaps sound great . Just opened a mango from France my sister-in-law sent me. Really soft and the scent is wonderful.

Thanks for posting photos. Really makes a difference. Do not do paper piecing but your project looks great .

You r welcome I. :love:
  • magnoliafly
    Options
    I'm quilting a wallhanging for a baby right now and I've got a scrap quilt that I'm slowly working on quilting. Tons of straight lines so it's taking a while.

My friend is doing a craft show at the end of this month so I'm trying to work on some things for her to sell there too.
  • maremare312
    Options
    Paper piecing is so fun! I recently started using an "add a quarter inch" ruler when I do it and it's much easier.

I do have an etsy but nothing in it right now, need to make some soap. It's SoapsbyMareMare. I mostly do cold process soap, I use both essential oils and fragrance oils (synthetic). Some people can't handle the synthetic oils, and others like them. You can't get certain smells with essential oils, so I enjoy both. I also do a bit of melt and pour novelty type soaps for the kids.
  • maremare312
    Options
    Anybody have new projects they're working on? My brother just remodeled my bathroom, and the hot water tank is in my craft room closet, so my craft room has been a bit torn up. Still haven't done any more work on that Matryoshka.
  • Tammi1947
    Options
    Looking forward to the weekend. I am planning on completing two baby quilts-1 almost complete and the other is about half finished. Work keeps getting in my way of having fun.

Happy quilting to all.
  • jamleft
    Options
    I am doing a paper-pieced block for an exchange. When that is completed I will be sandwiching a quilt so I can start quilting it. I haven't decided how I will free-motion quilt it. I will decide that while I am pin basting the quilt.
  • maremare312
    Options
    I am doing a paper-pieced block for an exchange. When that is completed I will be sandwiching a quilt so I can start quilting it. I haven't decided how I will free-motion quilt it. I will decide that while I am pin basting the quilt.

Oh fun! What is the block? I like paper piecing and want to do some more....a friend of mine wrote a really cool pattern for a paper pieced birdhouse.

I haven't been around lately, been eating poorly due to vacation + stress and can't seem to get back to it. Planning on staying on track today though! I have been doing some quilting!

This is a surprise present for a friend of mine who loves cowboys, bull riding, rodeos, etc.

I'm done with the top and have part of the back pieced

Front: Grr it got cut off and I can't re-host in Flickr right now (Flicker always re-sizes fine for me) as it's possible my friend may see it there.

100_5376.jpg

Back: Still needs a 22inch wide column on the far left.

100_5379.jpg

Also, I'm doing a quilt block swap on Craftster, these are the other blocks I've been making lately:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=415653.msg4914698#msg4914698
  • jamleft
    Options
    Cute cowboy quilt! How are photos posted here? I was looking around in help but came up with no results

The paper-pieced block I made was from the Craftsy website. It is the Friendship Circle block from the free Craftsy BOM course. I have photos of it posted over on Flickr at jamleft.
  • steppingstones
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. How do you post your photos?
  • Vickl57
    Options
    In the process of quilting two crumb quilts I made for Quilts for Kids. Have a challenge my "gang" that I need to get started on that's due in April. Had to draw two crayons last fall (I got violet and yellow) and can only add a maximum of one additional color. Got my violet & yellow fabric (with a touch of white) last weekend so excited to pick out a pattern! We also have to use a ruler that we've never used so need to start digging through the piles to pick one!
  • steppingstones
    Options
    In the process of quilting two crumb quilts I made for Quilts for Kids. Have a challenge my "gang" that I need to get started on that's due in April. Had to draw two crayons last fall (I got violet and yellow) and can only add a maximum of one additional color. Got my violet & yellow fabric (with a touch of white) last weekend so excited to pick out a pattern! We also have to use a ruler that we've never used so need to start digging through the piles to pick one!
    :smile: What is a crumb quilt?
  • maremare312
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. How do you post your photos?

HI, sorry, haven't been around here for awhile. To post photos you need to host them somewhere on a photo hosting site. Photbucket or flickr are good. When you post them you'll want to choose the BB code (bulletin board code), which is different than html. There will be image tags before and after the link, and you'll want to make sure both of those are lower case, like this:
    and but without the spaces. If they are upper case they won't work on this site.
  • baileygirl_5
    baileygirl_5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was curious about a crumb quilt too as I've never heard of them. They seem like what I call crazy quilts. Here is the answer I found by googling it:

A crumb quilt is made from blocks that are made by using the smallest scraps when cutting your other quilts. I bought a box, stuffed full-full-full, of crumbs from a QB member and I am really enjoying making my crumb blocks. The 301 sews them so easily even though some of the pieces are an inch or less. Check out Bonnie Hunters article on crumb quilts: http://www.quiltville.com/crumbs.shtml