Greetings!

Just wanted to say hi - i had my VSG on January 2nd and i'm currently down 42 pounds. I'm still learning to eat with my new stomach and i'm really trying to exercise more and more every day...

I'm from central NJ and just wanted to reach out and say hi! I look forward to contributing to this group! :)

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Hi! I'm Pat, had my sleeve 18 months ago. Welcome to the club! Add me as a friend if you want. I would be happy to walk this journey with you.

PS - My mom's from Avon By the Sea, have family in Belmar and just outside of Atlantic City (Egg Harbor Township). Love the NJ Shore!! It's one of my favorite places on the planet!! :happy:
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Welcome! I had my VSG 03/05/12...almost a full year now! I go for my visit next week and can't wait to see the difference in my "In body testing". The scale isn't really moving right now and I am thinking it is the gain of muscle / loss of fat, but hopefully this test will tell me for sure.

Glad to have you here!
    Melanie
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Sounds like you are doing great! Isn't amazing how much better you can feel in such a little time? I am 7 months post op and my weighloss has been rapidly slowing down. I did pick up some old bad habits. Whatever you do, don't let yourself do that. I find these forums very helpful. Look forward to hearing about your progress!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Welcome! Congrats you are doing great! I had Sleeve surgery 6/11/12, lost 47 pre op from 2/1/12 to 6/11/12 and have lost 86 post op. I have almost lost 1/2 of me, just shy of 2 pounds from that. Started at 270 and now 137!
  • jaxkarin
    jaxkarin Posts: 4 Member
    Hello everyone.

I only just joined the group but I had my sleeve 14.01.13, so I am now just over 6 weeks out and currently I have lost 37lbs which I am quite happy about. I have been on normal (ish) foods for a few weeks now and it's going well, however, I feel really intimidated by what size portions I should and shouldn't have BECAUSE I really haven't had much trouble so I feel like I could eat quite a bit more than I should .....

Did any of you more experienced sleevers experience this type of issue? Any words of wisdom for me?

Jacqueline x
  • Hello everyone.

I only just joined the group but I had my sleeve 14.01.13, so I am now just over 6 weeks out and currently I have lost 37lbs which I am quite happy about. I have been on normal (ish) foods for a few weeks now and it's going well, however, I feel really intimidated by what size portions I should and shouldn't have BECAUSE I really haven't had much trouble so I feel like I could eat quite a bit more than I should .....

Did any of you more experienced sleevers experience this type of issue? Any words of wisdom for me?

Jacqueline x

I had been having the same exact experience and then someone i know that had a band sat me down and showed me a few things.

i had told her that i could eat so much cheese, etc. she said - oh yeah? she took out a package of 8 ounces of cheese. I was surprised that ALL of that cheese could be 8 ounces. It was like 12 slices. She said - so - can you eat all of this right now? I said no - i would eat like 2-3 slices. she explained then that would be 1 or so ounces....MAYBE 1.5. it was a shock for me - to see it that in my face...

i have been so paranoid that i've stretched my sleeve it's silly...and then the other day i was so hungry - i ate way too fast and wow - i wanted to DIE. i thought i was going to puke and even got that 'taste/feeling' in my mouth that i was going to. i couldn't so much as swallow my spit... That showed me once & for all i did NOT stretch it - as i wouldn't feel that way if i did.

maybe a good idea for you is to get a food scale...start weighing out your portions so you know and once you 'get it' then you won't have to do it anymore...

:)