Welcome!!!!

2»

Replies

• contentedmummy
    contentedmummy Posts: 12 Member
    This group is a great idea! I'm Claire in the UK. I joined MFP some time ago and never used it. However, since early Feb it's been my best friend and helped me lose 8lb so far.

Like most, I stepped on the scales after an indulgent Christmas and got the biggest shock. But most of all, my body felt tired at doing the simplest of things. It had gotten out of control. So....

SW: 177
    CW: 168
    GW: 140

Diet: I'm trying intermittent fasting and so far, it's great. I've lost 2lb per week steadily. I stick to 1200 calories other times, sometimes a bit more on weekends. I have cut WAY back on alcohol, by far my biggest derailer - I liked a bottle or two at the weekends.

Exercise: this is where I'm winning. I got back into training on Jan 7th, one month later I ran my first 5km. I now consistently run 4km - 5km 5 times a week. Plus just started circuit training at a local gym to focus on my core. I signed up for a 10k run in May and a half marathon in September. The latter scares me senseless but I have lots of lovely people telling me I can do it.

Motivation: I've yo-yo dieted my whole life but I turn 40 in November. It's only going to get harder to stay in shape from that point onwards, so I'm embodying some good habits now. I have sought the help of hypnosis and it's WORKING. It helps me stay positive & focus.

Good luck ladies, changing habits & getting in shape is not easy, no matter what anyone says.
    C x

Oh and I took measurements of my waist & hips...far more motivational than the scales. I lost 4inches in 3 weeks from the waist. My current inch lost is 4.5 from the waist, 1 inch from the hips. My clothes fit better & I'm loving it.
  • LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    I've been a memer of MFP for a long time, but I'm not faithful for whatever reason. I have a family beach vacation planned in May (my son's 4th birthday). So, I have a "goal/reason". On top of eating healthy, I need to add strength training. I enjoy running and ran my third half marathon in February. My knee is starting to hurt, so I need to back off of long distance for a while and lose weight. I really need people to help keep me motivated.

SW: 138.8
    CW: 138.8
    GW: 115 / 120 (if muscle)

I know following a diet plan is not always the best, it's what helped me years ago. I just got back into my old eating habits due to stress. I still plan to run, but I plan on doing p90X (somehow have to find time to do it).
  • LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    9 lbs is my goal for March too.
  • pinksarahjane
    pinksarahjane Posts: 73 Member
    hi im sarah im 34 and im from england and i joined my MFP a few days ago SW 209 pounds GW 145 pounds.
    My goals for the month are

1) To eat healthy snacks and have no junk food just healthy fresh meals.
    2)To have less sweets and chocolate.
    3) To use my wii fit for five times a week for 30 mins.
    4) To not think negative keep postive
  • chicadeazul
    chicadeazul Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! My name is Nati, and I've just joined MFP. I gained around 10kg in the last few months of my previous job (stress, lots of stress and junk food) and I'm planning to lose them for good.

I became a vegetarian some months ago, mainly for health reasons (liver issues) and I'm trying to eat healthier. I manage to eat healthy food most of the time, but I still need to learn how to combine them to have all the vitamins and proteins my body needs, and avoid the sugar cravings that I get sometimes.
    Right now I don't have a regular schedule since I work from home some days, and I'm a night owl that likes to work at 3am and sleep most of the morning some other days, so I can't go to the gym but I've started to work out at home, and so far I'm sticking to it! I workout 6 days a week and try to walk 1 hour a day, too.

I can't follow a strict diet, the few times I've tried I felt tired all the time, and the weight came back once I returned to my usual eating habits, so now I'm trying to eat healthy all the time, and learn some good eating habits!

SW: 76 kg
    CW: 74.7 kg
    GW: 65 kg

So my goals are:

Learn how to eat better, healthier

lose 10kg (not in a month, but in the next few months)

Keep my workout routine! I tend to lose focus and become lazy really fast.
  • Dianafrance8
    Dianafrance8 Posts: 126 Member
    Hi fellow fitness pals. I would love more accountability and learn so much from everyone. After finding out that i was going to Europe for the first time with my daughter in june 2013, I began my journey last February 24th , 2012. After losing about 70 pounds i Joined mfp in August 2012. Began exercising in September. Began joining mfp challenge groups in October
    I'm 5'8"
    SW-285
    CW-184
    Goal for Paris -June 2013-165
    GW-145
    DW-130

My plan is usually 1200 cals, 20-40 carbs, @1500 sodium and around 1 hour of exercise a day. I just joined a challenge to log 150 miles for the month of march. I'm going to have to double my efforts.

Mfp has revolutionized my fitness success . Thanks everybody.
  • Kauaiartist
    Kauaiartist Posts: 86 Member
    Hi - My name is Lynn Maile Taylor - I am 61 - live on the island of Kauai/Hawaii - I am an artist/singer/songwriter. I joined MFP in January 2012 and have lost a bit over 10 pounds to date. I have another 30 or ? so to go - would like to be around 155 perhaps 150 which is a comfortable weight for me. I'll know it when I get there.

I've "struggled" with losing and gaining the same 30 or 40 pounds numerous times throughout my adult life - but am really ready to take back control and have this be IT for me - MFP seems to be a great tool for that - the input from MFP friends is really nice - so if you'd like to add me as a friend - always glad to give and get advice and support.

I am married - never had children - have a cat named Samantha - have a wonderful husband (songwriting partner as well - which ROcks! and is fun) I have had some issues with my cholesterol which really kicked me in the rear to get back in control of my diet - also it's critical as a singer to have great health - and to EXERCISE!!! It's REALLY important for performing - whether in the studio or on stage - so I'm happy that I'm on track - and look forward to losing more weight and getting stronger and healthier every day.

I LOVE Zumba classes and in fact must rush out now to go to one - try to do them five x's a week - my goals - keep on doing what I have been for about 50 days now - eating healthy - (I'm gluten intolerant and lactose intolerant as well) - I try to eat "clean" food - limited processed foods - I would like to start doing some form of exercise every day - so that's a big goal for me this month....even a short walk or head to the gym more often -

Thanks for listening - and see you around the board!
    Aloha Pumehana - Lynn Maile Taylor:flowerforyou:
  • smexime
    smexime Posts: 90 Member
    Hi ladies :) I am from California . I had weighed myself around Thanksgiving and was 3 lbs. away from 200, which was a total wake up call to me. I joined MFP I don't even remember when and just started using it two weeks before Christmas 2012. So i had 50 lbs. to lose. UGHHH!!! Started watching my portions those first few weeks, looked on the internet for workouts I would enjoy doing because i know I wont do it if I do not at least like it a lil bit. Fast forward to end of January I was down to 175.6 lbs. You would figure I would be happy with 20 lbs. lost but somewhere in the last two weeks I have totally lost my motivation. Only doing workouts here and there, maybe 3-4 in the last 15 days. I just don't know what is keeping me from moving right along with my exercise like I was doing. I decided new month , new positive outlook,right???
    Today i forced myself to get up and go for a hike this morning, 5 miles with 20 lbs. vest :) Once I got going I felt great. So my fitness goal for this month is to be active every day and workout 5-6 days/week. I will do my hikes 2-3 times a week since I am lucky to be close to trails & I really do enjoy being out in nature and also going to try to do the first month of Insanity with my sister starting tomorrow ( she is very happy because she has been begging me to do the program with her for a year) :blushing: for nutrition I will be doing IF, I want to see if this works for me as I only tend to be hungry during a certain time of day and forcing myself to eat even though I am not hungry is not an option for me, my gaga reflex will kick in, sorry if that is TMI :noway: In no particular way will I be altering what I eat too much since I have gotten better at making myself healthy meals. I have even learned to love my protein shakes, which I could not stand at all before.
    I really would like some friends to help kick my a@# into gear since my own motivation takes a vacation on some days and I promise to do the same.

Oh, almost forgot I will weigh myself on Monday but probably wont update initil weight at all until the end of the month and let you guys know my measurements when someone gets home to help me take accurate ones. Talk to you all later ladies:flowerforyou:
  • xbloomerbrigade
    xbloomerbrigade Posts: 58 Member
    Hello!
    My name is Tara and I live in Oregon. I am a 24 year old, full-time college student, fiancé', and mom to a 5 year old little girl. I spend a lot of time on the go so fast food in the past has been a problem! I have been obese my entire life, literally. I was born a 10 pound baby and it went up from there. I have never been a healthy weight so I have no idea what it's like to live in that type of body, however, I am ready to find out.

HW: 460
    SW: 447
    CW: 442
    GW: 180

March weight loss goal is 10 pounds.

I adopted some healthier eating habits last summer but have occasionally faltered. Some ways I want to help myself in the up coming month is by trying to make sure I always carry a snack on me. If I get hungry and I am away from home I am very likely to hit that drive thru!

I also have vowed to eat all breakfasts at the table and at least 5 dinners a week at the table (instead of in front of the t,v,)

Exercise wise I started a sort of routine a couple weeks ago. It's a combination of walking, swimming, zumba, and sit up challenge.

I am always up for adding people, but, I really am only looking for people that will be supportive. I don't need negativity. I don't know about all of you, but I have had plenty of people be negative and mean to me over the years for my weight and poor eating choices (of which I didn't know better till I started researching nutrition). If you are a positive and supportive person and are looking for someone to be the same I am open to adding!
  • Hi, I'm Charlsie

I'm 5'6"
    SW-191
    CW-173
    Goal for Baithing Suit -May 2013-145
    GW-145
    DW-130
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    hey ladies!!! My name is Ang and I've been on here for 5 years!!!! you would think I've reached my goal and all is peachy but i'm not

at my goal weight. I got there about two years ago then got pregnant. my daughter is 14 months and i'm so ready to lose these last

20 pounds!! anyway i'm 37, married, have 2 children and a massage therapy practice. I live in Denver ( Aurora ) and it's truly beautiful

here!! I just finished day 2 of 30 Day shred which I have done before but needed something to focus on for March.

so here are my stats :

height :5'0 aka sixty inches of fury :devil:

starting weight: 167 measurements as of 3-1-13 :

current weight: 145 neck:12.5 arms: 13 bust: 39 waist: 34 hips: 38.5 thighs: 23 calves: 12.5

goal weight:125

I love MFP!!!! even though my weight is not perfect I have learned so much by simply using this site and educating myself

on nutrition and exercise. so good luck my fellow March Mamas and let's keep each other going!!!!! by the way I love March because

it has SPRING in it!!!! i'm a gardener so I can't wait to get outside!!!! feel free to friend me :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Hi,

Im Courtney (23) From CALIFORNIA :)

5'3"
    SW: 118
    CW: 113
    GW: 105

I'm constantly being judged for wanting to work out and lose fat, because I am a small person (but my goal weight is accurate to my height and body shape!!) ...Anyways, I used to be a dancer, and during college I gained weight that I am looking to take it off, tone up, and FEEL healthy. I am looking for a supportive network of women! For the past several years I have had a lot of health issues (IBS, kidney stones) and I am trying to improve my overall wellbeing.

I try to eat relatively healthy *tho I do have a sweet tooth! Over the last couple weeks I started to workout again- I try to take 2 classes at the gym, 2 yoga classes, and ride the stationary bike every week. I have increased my water consumption from virtually NOTHING to 2+liters a day and that in concert with exercise and better food options, I have almost completely eliminated my IBS!

I also like to incorporate "fitness" into my leisurely activities. I have been practicing to ride my unicycle, and last night I took my very first aerial silks class! I like to ride bikes, go for walks with my BF, and try to keep moving in lou of sitting around (if im bored, i eat)

:heart: Also, Id just like to make a quick shout out to my BF for being a huge support in my life and encouraging me to do what I want. and for linking my up with ADVOCARE products. They have definitely been a factor in my recent success!! :)

Anyways- thats me, Friend me if you would like a fitness buddy :happy: we could keep each other accountable... I know how it goes to lose sight of the goal and "fall off the wagon" so to speak. dont give up!!!
  • HOW DO I DELETE THIS?? UGH!
  • My name is Toni...I'm from California

Yes this exciting I am really going to concentrate my efforts on adjusting the MENU. I eat simi healthy only because I don't set aside the need time. March that MUST change. I am the lovely Pear Shape and yup everything I eat rest at my thighs, hips and boootay..so I am trying to make the adjustment to become a more healthier me. I have also learned as a Pear Shape.. that I have to constantly move this body.. and I have incoporated a brisk fast past 20min walk 2x a week I want to get it up to 4x a week..

Lets go ladies.. DON'T Look Back we can't get that back..... let's change our future,,,

:bigsmile:

Hi Toni :)

It is great that you are getting into shape! Good for you! :) and walking is very good for the body... Just make sure you incorporate other types of exercise... there are two very important things to remember when wanting to lose weight and feel great:

1. WATER WATER WATER.... drink lots of water. (did you know, drinking a glass of water before you eat a meal will make you feel full faster and help you to not over eat!)

2. Muscle burns more than fat! So the more muscle you have on your body the more calories you will burn during the day doing normal everyday activities!

Keep it up!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Hi ladies! I did Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 last month and I felt like it helped to condition me and helped me lose some inches. This month I am working on C25K. I am also using pinterest to get some other exercise ideas. So, I will probably interval run 3-4 times a week and then do an at home work out the other days. I am tempted to use my Planet Fitness membership that I have do help me with some circuit training after the run. I prefer to run outside as opposed to a treadmill. That's just me tho.

Part of my focus this month is getting more towards healthy and clean eating. Not really low calorie, but natural and healthy.
    I am about a size 8 right now and hope to be a size 4 when it is all said and done. I do not expect that to happen this month tho! I am trying to not focus on pounds since that has a tendency to get me down. I will be focusing on measurements and they way my clothes fit. I am an apple shape, so my stomach is my problem area.

SW: 159.8
    GW: 125
    Waist (right at my belly button): 34
    Hips: 37
    R arm: 11
    L arm: 10.4
    R thigh: 23
    L thigh: 22.5
  • martha1485
    martha1485 Posts: 70 Member
    Hello ladies!!!! My name is Martha and I am 27 years old!!!! I have lost most of my excess weight I started around 185 and am currently at 130.... so I have most of it gone... but now I have those last 15 stubborn as hell pounds that I would love to lose!!!! My goal y to lose about 7 pounds per month so that when I go on vacation with my husband at the end of April I can look HOT AS HELLL !!!!! lol.... anyway's I have been trying and feiling to lose these last pounds for the last ten months or so... apparently life and excuses always get in ithe way!!!

Anyways, I created this group because i have found that having someone kick you in the butt (in a loving and caring way) when you over eat or when you fail to exercise just because it was too cold or you had a tough week and overslept ... really helps!!!! SO ... I thought this might work for a bunch of us... and I really hope it does !!!! Please feel free to friend me!!!! I need all the help I can get!!!!

FYI I just finished RI30 ten days ago and will start again today along with 4 hours a week of pilates!!!! and hopefully some running!!!! My biggest goal for march is to lose 7 pounds and at least two inches around my waist, hip and bust!!! and fingers crossed 2% body fat!!!!

Here are my STATS!!!

SW : 185
    CW: 130
    GW:114

Bust: 34.6 in

Waist: 27.2 in

Hips: 35 in

Body Fat :20%

Body Fat Category: Athletic!!!
  • auriga2
    auriga2 Posts: 9 Member
    Hello everyone! I just joined MFP a few days and have been looking for an active group. I think I may have just found it. I have found that now that I'm getting a bit older it is getting much harder to lose weight. I used to be able to drop 5 pounds in a matter of days. No so anymore, so my goal for March is to lose 5 pounds. I have a total of 27 pounds to lose, and I've already lost 7, so I'm on my way. I just started exercising for an hour a day a couple of weeks ago, and I feel like that is what is helping the most. Looking forward to the support and motivation of this group.
  • sarahp4769
    sarahp4769 Posts: 69 Member
    Hi everyone, Im Sarah from the UK, and Im 33. I've recently started New Rules Of Lifting For Women and Im loving how it makes me feel. I have a lot of weight to lose but Im trying to focus on my size and loss of inches...at the moment Im battling with not being focused on the scales. I have increased my calorie intake to TDEE -20%and at the moment Im trying to stick with this.

My goals are to make sure I do lifting 3 times a week, lose at least 1% body fat this month, some inches, and hopefully some pounds but i need to not focus on this last one!!!
  • Dartgal73
    Dartgal73 Posts: 11
    Hi everyone! I'm Kathy and I live in New York. I recently joined MFP after quitting smoking three months ago. Over the years I have let myself go and gained a lot of weight. No real reason other than boredom. So, now that I'm feeling good about my health now, I decided once and for all to stop the excuses and get my butt in gear! I was first weighed at work at 224 pounds....NOT EXCUSABLE for me given I'm only 5'1. I'm a size 18 and I'm only 39 years old. Time to get those inches gone! I now work out 1/2 hour each day, normally brisk walks at work and riding my stationery bike at home. I'm happy to report that my weigh in yesterday was great! I am down to 213.5. My ultimate goal would be to get to 130, but my realistic goal is to get down to 160. I didn't get this way over night, and I won't get thin over night! We all have the strength to lose weight....being on here proves it!

I look forward to seeing all of our progresses!