New clothes!

Options
Dmwinter5
Dmwinter5 Posts: 11 Member
It's my birthday today. I'm 49. My daughters took me shopping today to get some new clothes. I have lost 47 pounds since Feb. using MFP and trying weight watchers recipes. So the girls took me into American Eagle and we found a few tops they wanted me to try on. American Eagle is so far from wear I use to shop. i have never fit into anything from a teen store .When I went to the sales girl to get a changing room I was afraid she was going to laugh and tell me to go to the plus size store. So when I put them on and the fit I just could not believe it. I am thrilled!! People please listen to me and believe what I say. "All the hard work and sacrifices you are making are SO worth it!! Putting on cute clothes and looking good in them feels so much better than anything taste." I have at least 25 more pounds to lose and I will read this when things get tough. I need to remember how I feel right now, and I will get my goal!

Replies

• dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    How wonderful!! Happy birthday!
  • lemonhead66
    lemonhead66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What a great moment and on your birthday. I can't wait for that to happen to me.

Happy Birthday!
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    happy birthday!! what a great way to celebrate!!!:flowerforyou:
  • hockeymom_19
    hockeymom_19 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday and enjoy the new clothes
  • delor44
    delor44 Posts: 71
    Options
    Happy birthday. Thanks for taking the time to share your amazing story and inspire us all!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    What a FABULOUS birthday gift for yourself!!
  • spring423
    spring423 Posts: 49
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! Thanks for the inspiration...can't wait to shop in a normal store :smile:
  • toddka1
    toddka1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Enjoy your success every time you wear your new clothes!
  • ptroses
    ptroses Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You couldn't be more correct! I tried on clothes today for the first time since I started in January and I was so shocked at the size I was able to get into. I'm not even close to where I want to be yet, but putting clothes on in a smaller size felt so good!
  • lotusspark
    lotusspark Posts: 367
    Options
    Yay U, congratz& Happy Birthday-late.