Hi there!

Options
Zarebeth
Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
I was just wondering if there was a group for us big gals, and lo and behold here you are! I even get to get in on the ground floor. :happy:

Replies

• losingit34
    losingit34 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a tall girl too! Looking forward to getting some tall girl support!! :)
  • Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    How tall are you, and how much do you have to lose?

Not sure what happened to the person who started this group, but hey, I will run with it if she doesn't come back. Of course if she does, then it is all hers again.
  • Mo_babee
    Mo_babee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That sounds good to me zarebeth...I definitely want this thing to get started...
  • mslindsay
    mslindsay Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am 6'1" and I have a love/hate relationship with my height! I am also heavy, and with my weight and height I feel massive around everyone else. I am hoping that I am going to start loving my height more as I lose the weight.
    Options
    It's so great other Tall women on here. I have always been self conscious of my weight because i am so tall. I feel like i have to be very thin in order to not look gigantic next to "normal" sized women. I am working on feeling great about my height and have a healthy attitude about my weight. i am 6ft tall. Anyone want to share what their goal weight is and what they base it on?
  • LoveAngie23
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal weight is 140lbs. Last June I weighed 127lbs, which I realize is pretty thin, but I was still on the lower end of the "healthy" category according to BMI. I guess I have a pretty slender frame & I didn't have much muscle weight either. I know I was very thin so my goal isn't to go back to what I was, I'm just trying to fit into my clothes again. I can't really afford a whole new wardrobe unfortunately. :wink:
  • AndreaG170
    AndreaG170 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and I weigh 201. My goal weight is 170, for now. I was down to 177 a few years ago and then I slowly gained it back. I felt great at 177, so I figure 170 is a good goal weight. It's in the healthy range, and once I'm there, I can focus more on toning up and trimming down, and at that point, the number won't matter as much. Finding size 18 Tall dress pants sucks, but I think it'll help if my butt isn't so big!! Low rise pants do NOT work for me!

As for my height, I find myself stooping down to talk to people who are shorter than me. As a result, my posture is awful. I'm working on improving this along with my weight and health. We should walk tall!

On a side note, anyone else sick and tired of their breasts being at eye level for short and short-sighted men? "Get over it, guys. My eyes are up here. You may have to strain your neck, but I think you can manage."
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and aiming for about 11 stone (154lbs), for now at least (that's losing about 15lbs), mainly because I've put on a fair bit of weight recently and I can't afford to buy replacements for all the clothes I have grown out of! I realise that's not a massive amount in the grand scheme of things, but with my miniscule amount of willpower and huge chocolate obsession, I think it's going to take me a fair while...

All my friends are much shorter than me so I am generally bigger all over, and like someone else said I feel huge when comparing myself to them. It doesn't help that I feel like I stand out because I'm taller, so I tend to slouch a bit and get really shy. Hopefully getting thinner will give me more confidence in everything in my life not just what I look like!
  • Kellie82much
    Kellie82much Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

It's so refreshing to see weight goals similar to mine! I am 6' and started at 211 lbs and would like to be in the 160's-70's range.. When I first started MFP in November I was discouraged to see all these little people and their goal weights in the 120's or 30's. I think I weighed that in grade 7!

I am from Southwestern Ontario, Canada, about a 10 minute drive from the border to Michigan.
    I would love to have some MFP friends i can look up to if not eye level to share stories, encouragement as well as disapointments.
    Please feel free to add me I look forward to meeting you.
  • Kellie82much
    Kellie82much Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow tall Ladies.
    I'm 6' tall, starting weight 211, goal weight 165-170lbs.
    Looking for friends and needing support from other tall women.
    Please feel free to send me a friends request...I look forward to meeting you!
  • magicake
    magicake Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Tall Girls

Looking for some motivation friends. What better place than on this TALL GIRLS group. Feel free to add me.

I'm 6'0"
    Starting weight 371 (January 2011)
    Current weight 248

So far I have lost 123 pounds, but I have been approx the same weight for the last 6 months, give or take 5 pounds. Ready to lose the last 50......
  • smhnelson
    smhnelson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Really love this group. I am 5' 10" with a goal weight of 170lbs. Got there once 5 years ago. It felt great. In reading everyones posts it sounds like we are all in the same frame of mind.
    Is anyone else tired of hearing "You have it easy because you get more calories per day" from all the little people with goal weights of 120 lbs.
  • rebsgee
    rebsgee Posts: 19
    Options
    So glad I found this group! Hello everyone! :)
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Hey there Tall Ladies!! I used to be sooo self concious about my height when I was younger. Now being 28, almost 29 years old...I dont' mind it. Actually, now I would rather be taller than short.

I am 5'11 and currently weigh 175. When I started MFP, I weighed about 181. I started in January. To be honest, I don't feel that I have a whole lot of weight to lose. I'm not even worried too much about my weight as I am wanting to tone my stomach.

My wedding is in almost two months!!! September 15th! I cannot wait!! But, my dress is a mermaid dress. Nothing I though I would ever consider. Until I tried it on, I felt like a queen. But, it is very fitting. I would like to tone my stomach.

My main goal is to continue to eat healthy and within my normal calorie intake. I want a solid healthy life. I plan on trying for kids soon and would also like a healthy pregnancy and to not eat just because I am pregnant.

Friend request me if you'd like. Hope to hear more from you guys!!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention my goal weight........165 if possible. But, i would be happy with a tone stomach :)

Hey there Tall Ladies!! I used to be sooo self concious about my height when I was younger. Now being 28, almost 29 years old...I dont' mind it. Actually, now I would rather be taller than short.

I am 5'11 and currently weigh 175. When I started MFP, I weighed about 181. I started in January. To be honest, I don't feel that I have a whole lot of weight to lose. I'm not even worried too much about my weight as I am wanting to tone my stomach.

My wedding is in almost two months!!! September 15th! I cannot wait!! But, my dress is a mermaid dress. Nothing I though I would ever consider. Until I tried it on, I felt like a queen. But, it is very fitting. I would like to tone my stomach.

My main goal is to continue to eat healthy and within my normal calorie intake. I want a solid healthy life. I plan on trying for kids soon and would also like a healthy pregnancy and to not eat just because I am pregnant.

Friend request me if you'd like. Hope to hear more from you guys!!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Hiya I'm a 6 footer from the UK, started at around 225lbs, currently about 180, looking to get to 175 am broad shouldered so much lower isn't great.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm 5'11, from central Canada. Currently 204 aiming to get to 175, maybe 170 and fitter.

I was at that weight once, before the birth of our second child and haven't been able to quite get back there again.

I have a large frame, so I'm not even sure if 170 will be a great "look" for me.
  • Techtwin2
    Techtwin2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    I just joined this group and I've been using this site for about 5 days so far. I'm 5'11" and I weight 256, I'm hoping to get to about 190...Wish me luck! haha
    I'm really looking forward to having support from ladies similar to me, because shorter women just don't seem to get it. :/
    Thanks!
  • oceanemma1227
    Options
    @Angie Hey I'm 5'11" and my goal is 145! The smallest I've ever been is 155 but I had a ton of muscle (Swimmer and Soccer Player lol) I just want to be thin not so jacked up like I was in high school lol
  • KTorg2014
    KTorg2014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! Hi! Hi!

I am so excited there is this group on here - sometimes I feel like I am the only tall woman in America! I guess it doesn't help that I tower over my family by a solid 8 inches!

I am Kari - I am 30 years old at 6' 1'' and weighed in at 280 on Tuesday (yikes). My goal is 215. I am definatley looking for friends on her to lean on for support and encouragement! My first mini goal is 20 lbs by October - it is definalty doable - I just need to stick with it!

What are is your weakness when it comes to food? Mine is "ooey, gooey, goodness" aka comfort food like cheese, nachos, pizza, ice cream, etc...I am still figuring out why I turn to food...

What motivates you to work out? Do you have any couch to exercise queen game plans you are willing to share? I was a division 2 basketball player in college and have since taken the last 8+ years off working out - I kept telling myself that I worked out hard enough in college - well that mind frame DEFINATELY needs to change. My problem is if I join a gym I want to life heavy - like I did 'back in the day' and I love to work out with others...vs the alone on a treadmill or ellipticall...

ok - enough about me - I am really looking forward to your responses!!!!

Kari (aka the Future "Tall Drink of Water" )