Cycling challenge

Options
umer76
umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
Hi Everyone, I was wondering how many of you in this group do outdoor cycling in the summer? Snow will be starting to melt from next month or so. It will be great if we can set up monthly cycling challenges for total distance travelled in one month. This could be additional/alternative exercise in our daily goals. I started cycling last year and enjoyed it. What do you guys think of such a challenge?

Replies

• gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Does stationary bike count? I will try to do both. If I have the kids I'll have to use the gym. My little one is too little to sit on a bike seat without support. 2-3 more monts and he'll be ready. But for now indoor we go.

I suck at biking. This can be a good challenge.
  • PrimaveraEterna007
    Options
    I like the idea.. But in my area does have a safe road
  • umer76
    Options
    I'm in. Does stationary bike count? I will try to do both. If I have the kids I'll have to use the gym. My little one is too little to sit on a bike seat without support. 2-3 more monts and he'll be ready. But for now indoor we go.

I suck at biking. This can be a good challenge.

Although stationary bike is different but it is fine we can count that as well. Goal can be set up for a month for example march say 100 Kms. Then it is upto the person in how many days and with what frequency he/she will achieve the target. I hope more people can join in for the March challenge:)
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I just recently got a stationary bike and if that is allowed I would love to be in on this challenge. I live in Toronto and do not like to bike in these streets. Please let me know the details!!!! Excited!!
  • umer76
    Options
    I just recently got a stationary bike and if that is allowed I would love to be in on this challenge. I live in Toronto and do not like to bike in these streets. Please let me know the details!!!! Excited!!

We will start the cycling challenge from 01st of March. All kinds of bikes included:happy: Just add up the kms or miles and lets see how many reach the target in one month.
  • umer76
    Options
    Hey guys, we will start the cycling challenge from tomorrow 01st of March. This challenge is for the month of March. You can use stationary bike or your normal bike and count the kilometers done everyday. it is upto you whether you want to post the distance covered every week or every day. Gnoccola has agreed to keep track of the spreadsheet.

As a starting challenge I suggest to set 60 Kms (38 miles) as a target for March. More miles you can do is even better. Lets Cycle if you cannot run :bigsmile:
  • gnoccola
    Options
    Ready. I just need the gel padded pants. :)
  • umer76
    Options
    Get that soon before you start doing the miles, otherwise it will hurt!
  • umer76
    Options
    I have done me first day of bike ride. 4km of stationary bike done. Come on people ride the bikes and enter your distance here.

You can set up your own goal for the month but I have set 60 kms as challenge for this month. It will interesting to see if more people can take part in this challenge:)
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Okay so I am finally trying to get more excercise into my routine. So start it off with 2 Km on the bike. Not much but heck of a lot more the 0!!! :)

2KM ~march 2 :bigsmile:
  • umer76
    Options
    I took out my bike today for the first time in this season. There is still some black ice on the path but I managed. Today I have done 12 kms on the bike which is not bad. I did it 55 minutes and hoping to improve that in the coming days.
  • gnoccola
    Options
    10 Km on stationary bike today.
  • GSAllumbaugh
    GSAllumbaugh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll be on the statioinary bike until the snow melts! I'll try to be smart enough to convert my miles to km :)
  • umer76
    Options
    Just multiply the miles with 1.6 and you get the kms:)
  • Rodamort
    Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I know it's after the 1st, but can I join in? :) Planning on a ride this afternoon! Such a beautiful day out, chilly, but the sun is shining!!!
  • umer76
    Options
    I know it's after the 1st, but can I join in? :) Planning on a ride this afternoon! Such a beautiful day out, chilly, but the sun is shining!!!
    Sure why not. Go for the ride, spring is here. Set your goal for march. Minimum is 60 kms.
  • GSAllumbaugh
    GSAllumbaugh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    18 km on a stationary bike...
  • umer76
    Options
    18 km on a stationary bike...

:noway: :noway: this much distance on stationary bike? You guys will be making fun of the target that I set i.e. 60 Km for the whole month:bigsmile:
  • Rodamort
    Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Goal for March 160 km! (100 miles) Today went 33.6 km on my bike. Beautiful day! Great ride! Went 4 miles farther than my last ride! But it is still March, we could still get dumped on with snow so I'm not going to set my goal too high as I can't guaranty I'll have too many days of nice weather to bike. I'm a fair weather biker... :) If the weather is nice this month I hope to blow out my goal. Pray for nice weather!!!
  • umer76
    Options
    11 km on my bike in 52 minutes. Total Kms for March to date 27 Km. I will try to update the stats by the end of week 2 this Sunday.