food question kashi bars??

Options
munecagirl22
munecagirl22 Posts: 39 Member
hey all

i was wondering if any of you guys did the kashi bars or just cereal it would be much faster for me in themornings before work

Replies

• Im_Worth_It
    Im_Worth_It Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i havent tried those.. but i usually have a whey protein shake in the morning with almond milk..:)
  • munecagirl22
    munecagirl22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    yeah i hadnt either and that is what i usually have also.. but i wanted to switch it up and i know we are allowed kashi so was thinking maybe it would be basically the same thing.... dont want to do it tho and mess up..
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I haven't.. but if the nutritional value is similar to the cereal, I wouldn't see why it would hurt. :)
  • yarninaround
    Options
    I picked some up and keep them with me for those little food emergencies, when you're away longer than you planned and its time to eat...at least that way I have a decent choice available.

They do have good fiber and protein in them, but also a variety of sugar and I didn't bother to calculate if the carbs were bad on a low carb day, because I figured it was still a better choice than what I might grab when outside the house and needing to eat.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Technically, they would not be allowed after breakfast on a low carb day, since they are a grain product. But, I like your thinking Rebecca! If the choice is a kashi bar vs something that is way more calories and not on plan, I would go with the kashi bar on a LC day.

My emergency snack on a low carb day is:
    "Turkey Jerky" (protein, usually 1oz)
    baby carrots (veggie - one serving = 85 g... technically not enough according to chris, but we are talking emergency snack here)
    String cheese or nuts: usually cashews (fat)

When I buy turkey jerky I try to get it portioned into 1oz bags right away, and I stash some in my purse. Same thing with the baby carrots. That way when I'm going to be away from my house on errands I can grab a bag of carrots a string cheese or nuts & with the turkey jerky in my purse I'm all set to go.
  • yarninaround
    Options
    Thx for the tips Tweeds :)