PCOS DIETS

Options
Has anyone found a diet plan specifically for "us"? I've heard we need to be eating raw veggies and stay away from dairy but I haven't researched either one yet.

Replies

• KellyLouise35
    Options
    Hi,

I haven't heard that, but I'm lactose intolerant and cutting out dairy did help me lose a lot of weight (2 stone)

I've heard rumours of low sugar, low carb and high fibre. I started to try it 2 weeks ago and lost 2 lb, so that may help.

There are so many diets around nower days it's just finding on to suit you.

These many help:

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/nutrition/a/lowcarbpyramid.htm

http://www.livestrong.com/article/25879-list-low-carb-low-sugar/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/335666-pcos-diet-advice/

I hope this helps! I was always told to cut down on sugars and try to avoid them as PCOS can stop your body from realising the sugar correctly.

If you are really stuck I would advise to ask your GP or ask to see someone from lifestyle changes.

Feel free to add me if you wish :)
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I cut out all sugar 2 years ago & lost 50 lbs in 6 months, the first time in my life I ever lost more than 20 lbs. so it does work. Unfortunately i started eating it again & gained back that 50 plus a few of his friends. :indifferent: so I'm back trying it again. Its not easy but it does work. I also eat fairly low carb, around 100 a day, so not drastic, and keep my protein high as well. I've recently tried eating gluten free as well as I heard it helps with some of our issues, and so far i feel a lot better, not bloated, achey or gassy (sorry. tmi lol)
  • tialynn46
    tialynn46 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all! New here and totally lost. Ive been eating very low carb and am finally feeling better but am having a hard time eating more than 1000 calories a day. I eat because i know i have to and i eat to take my meds but other than that i have lost my passion for food! Need some new ideas for yummy dinners( that my kids will actually eat)
  • LiveTheLifeYouWillLove
    Options
    Hi all-I am trying to figure out the best nutrition for pcos as well. I am hearing the low glycemic diet is really helpful. Hope others will share their input here!
  • KellyLouise35
    Options
    Try these: You can add extras like chocolate chips or nuts
    Number of servings 6

Ingredients:
    Ouaker - Plain Cooking Oats 100 g
    Sainsbury's - Runny Honey, 1 teaspoons
    Splenda - Granulated Sweetener - 1.2 lb Bag, 2 tsp
    Generic - Grated Apple, 1/2 cup grated
    Spices - Nutmeg, ground, 1 tbsp
    Copella - Apple Juice, 100 ml
    Generic - Grated Ginger, 0.5 tablespoon

Cals per serve: 91

I hope this helps! It's just finding something to play with in the kitchen!
  • KellyLouise35
    Options
    Hi all-I am trying to figure out the best nutrition for pcos as well. I am hearing the low glycemic diet is really helpful. Hope others will share their input here!

I'm still experimenting with diets.

I've been told no sugar, gluten free, low carb, high fibre, high protein.

I think it is just trail and error for all us PCOS ladies! What works for one may work for another!

If you find one that works be sure to share with us please! :happy: The more the better!