Remember Gym class 101 for a whole semester...ugh! 3/4

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://shrinkingjeans.net/files/2013/02/six-pack-march-2013-01.png

Sorry it is a tad late but hey nothing like catching up to make the adrenaline rush make you push harder! Funny this workout reminds me of gym class...it was all body weight exercises and I hated doing it in front of my peers! I was always last to finish. In Junior High they called me 'grandma' because in races I was last...I mean dead last!!!!! AYE!
Sadly, now I might smoke some of those youngins because they don't go outside to play or even have a gym class...Ok soapbox done! Back to the topic....we need to get ready for spring! Why not ask your kids to join you in the daily fun! They will develop a habit and remind you too!

As one MFPer said "It is March and summer is around the corner!" So let's show some muscles! Start the hard work now!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    It's perfect! Thank you. I hated gym too! Worst class of the whole school day. But I look at what my kids are doing and am dismayed at how physical health is not valued in today's school system. My girls went to a PE course for 30 6-hour days in the summer before freshman year. They did this so they have the PE requirement out of the way and can take all the AP classes they need before college. Amazing. I will send this to them and say - hey do this with me. And Mo and I will be doing it too. Thanks again! Your are super duper wonder woman! :heart:
  • katepoetchan
    Options
    I hated junior high gym but loved high school because I took weight training and volleyball. I think that I ended up getting mentally more psyched up to lift than to rope climb for sure. It was sad that they make kids do lots of things that they are not comfortable doing rather than encouraging them to do it. I would have ran in track had I been inspired to but instead the coach looked at me like I was dead weight, making me more self-conscious. Thus led me to be nervous of my running and I never really got into it as a result.
    I like the gym now, lots of rad men and women all there to motivate each other and get it done.

Katie
  • icvmom427
    icvmom427 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Printed this off and hanging it on the refrigerator! I love how it progresses. The 31st looks intimidating but hopefully I can do this. Thanks :)
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Hmm, don't remember doing this in gym class, we did things like field hockey, soccer, basketball, volleyball, swimming and tennis (I wouldn't play baseball so they let me go to the tennis class.)
    Looking at this, I was like "Great, this would be a good thing to work on"... however it is a bit intimidating for me since I can't even do one sit up (I'm working on it, but am still waiting for that day that I make my attempt and POP! up I go in a sit up-- have been working on this for over a year this time...)
  • verdemujer
    Options
    Looking at this, I was like "Great, this would be a good thing to work on"... however it is a bit intimidating for me since I can't even do one sit up (I'm working on it, but am still waiting for that day that I make my attempt and POP! up I go in a sit up-- have been working on this for over a year this time...)

Keep going - you can do it! That's what this thing is about - keep advancing and trying to better your number the next time. If that's one today and two tomorrow, it's progress. The Planks will help you get better for sit-ups. And you'll be surprised how much of your core you use for pushups.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    totally going to try this and stick to it
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options

Keep going - you can do it! That's what this thing is about - keep advancing and trying to better your number the next time. If that's one today and two tomorrow, it's progress. The Planks will help you get better for sit-ups. And you'll be surprised how much of your core you use for pushups.
    Thanks, I'm not giving up yet (it took me three years to give up last time and I'm not that person anymore-yay me!) I've got too many people cheering for me to give up..... and one day POP up into a sit up I will go!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Hmm, don't remember doing this in gym class, we did things like field hockey, soccer, basketball, volleyball, swimming and tennis (I wouldn't play baseball so they let me go to the tennis class.)

Ok for you guys who had acutal sports for gym all I can say is WOW!!!! We did the Presidential award thing so it was 6 weeks of prep...hated it!!!
    Other times we could play dodge ball (Some boy would always hit me in face or boobs) or volleyball. But for the most part we were doing a 'gym' workout that we adults do...Funny right?!? full circle
  • MommyLovesHerFurBabies
    Options
    I have no human kids but my fur-babies join me almost daily in a 3-5 mile walk. Today they joined me for a 5 mile walk after I biked 5.5miles. Been a good active day and I still plan to do a workout with hubby after he gets home from work so you know me WW I will get this and plenty more done during my workout! I like the fact that my whole little family gets involved.
    And my dogs are good little motivators because if you lay down on the ground to take rest their all up in your face with love and kisses and that can be a motivator to stay off the floor. Tempest (my big one) likes to "hug" aka smother us, she lays on our face so definitely stay off the floor especially when your all hot n sweaty and her fur sticks to ya....yeah not cute lol
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options

Ok for you guys who had acutal sports for gym all I can say is WOW!!!! We did the Presidential award thing so it was 6 weeks of prep...hated it!!!
    Other times we could play dodge ball (Some boy would always hit me in face or boobs) or volleyball. But for the most part we were doing a 'gym' workout that we adults do...Funny right?!? full circle
    In Elementary school we had gym every day and we would play outside (four square, basketball, jump rope, monkey bars, swings, balance beams, ect) unless it rained they we were in the lunch room and we played dodgeball and we had a parachute that we would play games with like red rover, bouncing balls, ect) occasionally they had softball (starting my fear of softballs and baseballs-got hit in the nose with a softball and nearly broke my nose.) Middle school (at least the first two years before we moved) it was track, baseball, flag football, basketball, soccer every day, when we moved up north that was when things changed. In 8th grade the school that I went to didn't have a gym so we had "gym" once a week out in a field two blocks from the school and in high school when I did everything above, we had gym every other day on a 6 day cycle rotation (for me I had gym on odd days and orchestra on even days)
    I think that they should have gym back in schools to me it was all part of being healthy, we went outside and we PLAYED, same thing after school (after homework was done and parents were home) and on weekends.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    [/quote]
    I think that they should have gym back in schools to me it was all part of being healthy, we went outside and we PLAYED, same thing after school (after homework was done and parents were home) and on weekends.
    [/quote]

Amen sister amen!!!!!!! They need to get off the energy too! I truly believe helps them be more calm when played for hours hard! THey should know by now that they NEED gym in school so budget for it like math it is critical in life!
  • verdemujer
    Options
    Ok - I shared this with my girls via text. They might do it. I printed it and took it home for Mo and I. I showed the link to my workout buddy. Mo and I did today's session right after our HIIT. So that means 27 more days!
  • verdemujer
    Options
    Mo and I did all March 5th at 4:00. He has a terrible time with situps so I think I'll move him to crunches and see if we can power up his core. I love this month - goals to work for are awesome. :happy: