Looking for answers....

Options
justjenny
justjenny Posts: 529 Member
I did the Chris Powell carb cycling last year...was on it for about two months and lost 8 pounds. Then life got crazy...and I slacked. Back on it now. This is day 2 of week three, and I have only lost a pound. What I find odd is that when I did it last time, I didn't track anything. Just ate protein and carbs at every meal like he suggests. Now I am on MFP and tracking EVERYTHING...down to a packet of mayo, and it is taking me longer to lose. Any one have any thoughts on this?

Replies

• jbdowns35
    Options
    Are you close to your goal??? I'm losing slowly too....but I'm only about 5-8lbs from goal & the workouts are building muscle.....it's a slow & steady process. Stick with it & don't give up.
  • Im_Worth_It
    Im_Worth_It Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!:)
  • justjenny
    Options
    jbdowns35...I am about 13 pounds from goal. What's weird is that I started at the same weight last time, and had lost that 8 like there was nothing to it! Gets frustrating....that's all. Especially when I track everything and try to work out hard...just want to see something for all my effort....
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just ate protein and carbs at every meal like he suggests.

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but are you eating carbs at every single meal, or just on high carb days and each breakfast?
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Just ate protein and carbs at every meal like he suggests.

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but are you eating carbs at every single meal, or just on high carb days and each breakfast?

Hmmmm.. I'm wondering too. It should be protein and veggies at every meal (except breakfast... when you get get away with no veggies if you want to). :)
  • justjenny
    Options
    I normally eat carbs and fruit, or carbs and protein for breakfast. Then lunch is normally spinach salad with hard boiled egg, or tuna. Snacks are protein shakes, nuts or baby carrots with hummus. Dinner is chicken or turkey and veggies...no pasta type carbs...only carbs are from veggies.

ETA...This is an example of a low carb day.

A high carb day will be bread at lunch with tuna or turkey...and dinner can or will include a potato, rice or pasta...
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    With CTL, you "should" have protein at every meal... including breakfast. I have mine in the form of a breakfast smoothie. :)