Back On My Feet

Options
heatherlsi
heatherlsi Posts: 90 Member
I volunteer for Back On My Feet, "Back on My Feet (BoMF) is a national nonprofit organization that is dedicated to creating independence and self-sufficiency within the homeless and other underserved populations by first engaging them in running as a means to build confidence, strength and self-esteem." Basically I meet up with one of the teams and run with the residents once a week. They actually run M, W, F, Saturday and do one race a month. It's a fun way to get some exercise and give someone a helping hand at the same time! BOMF is starting a new team at Wheeler Mission, and they are looking for volunteers... If you're interested here is a link to BOMF....

http://indianapolis.backonmyfeet.org/indianapolis-landing.html

If you click on "Teams" at the top and scroll down to the bottom, you'll see a link to contact Brian Meyer to find out more about volunteering.

Thanks for your time...

Replies

• CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    How rewarding. I just saw this on the news a couple of days ago. The program seems to have great benefits for the homeless.
  • lvbeck
    lvbeck Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!
  • emilymomof3
    Options
    That's a great idea, thanks so much for the info!
  • Dhaniah2013
    Dhaniah2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great link! Thank you!
  • Chelsarrr
    Chelsarrr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is involved with BOMF! He really enjoys it and the people I've met there are so nice.
  • lanaharves
    Options
    I love seeing BOMF runners at races. :)
  • sassy_sandi
    sassy_sandi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had no idea this was going on in Indy. Definitely something I wll pray about. Right now though I don't think I could 'run' very far. is it all about running or how else can we get involved?
  • lsw1955
    lsw1955 Posts: 7
    Options
    Great thing to be involved with!
  • heatherlsi
    heatherlsi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The morning groups have walkers also, and it seems like they often need volunteers to work at water stations! Thanks for asking!