whole milk?

Options
does anyone here drink whole milk?

i'm considering going the clean/whole foods route...since the chemicals added to foods are horrifyingly scary to me...

i was told that as sleevers, we shouldn't have whole milk...but is that true?

Replies

• Obreezes
    Obreezes Posts: 35
    Options
    I am able to drink whole milk. While I usually have 2% (when I have milk, which isn't often) at home, anywhere else I go I usually have whole milk. My stomach is fine with it. Maybe they told you that because it's higher in fat and calories...?
  • IamTeresa
    Options
    I was told only skim milk, the fat content is too high in all other milks, and personally for me, if I eat something higher in fat than I am used to, I dump, and that is the worst feeling ever
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My nut told me to do the whole milk because we need the healthy fat that is in whole milk. I was also told it will stay longer with us... I was told if we needed to do anything, go with 2%, but nothing lower.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I would think that since most people have sleeves to lose weight and to aid in maintaining that loss, whole milk might not be conducive to that end. If you're having trouble maintaining (meaning continuing to lose after you've reached your ideal weight), you should be able to tolerate it.
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I alos was told to drink skim. It has the same amount of protein I think and is much better for weight loss.
  • escapepod
    escapepod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I made my protein shakes with milk early post-op because my nutritionist wanted that as an extra source of calcium, protein, and calories, but even then I was using 2% milk. After a few weeks, I switched to almond milk, mostly because it's so much lower in carbs, and I've stuck with that - it's also quite a bit lower in calories. So, I'd say whole milk in the early weeks is ok (assuming the fat doesn't make you ill), but once you're consuming more food, switch back to lower fat milk and/or alternatives.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    If whole milk is your thing then drink it. The body needs a little fat... as long as you're not drinking a ton of it and are staying under your calories and fat goals.

If you want to stick with whole and natural AND have your milk have fewer calories and fat grams, you can just buy non-homogenized milk and skim the majority of the cream off and use it for some other purpose (making butter? baking? give to your cat?) No chemicals involved, just spoon off the cream!