Sick of shoveling

Options
its_go_time
its_go_time Posts: 262 Member
Five times in the past 24 hours, as of this morning. I'll get to when I get home from work today, marking six times in a 36 hour window. Enough! Anyone else sick of this too?

Bring on Spring!

Replies

• flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am truly tired of winter. I am just trying to hold on until vay-cay next week. There is 6-8" of snow waiting for me this afternoon when I get home.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'm actually enjoying shoveling, is that bad? It's an awesome way to burn some calories and a form of exercise you can only get in during the winter months. Admittedly, I've only shoveled once today; we have a landlord who comes around on one of those fancy ride-on blowers. Screws up the lawn something awful, but hey, it's not my property. XD

Although I am sick of winter in general. I am a summer person and not being able to just put on some sandals and go out for a walk is killing my spirit. T_T
  • RiversideBabe
    RiversideBabe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm with Muse on this one. I love 4 seasons and I know spring will come, so I am embracing winter and trying to find the good in it. Instead of getting out the snow blower, I shoveled my entire driveway. I put on my HRM to see how much of a workout it is and the calorie burn is pretty equal to my regular circuit training workout. It is still going to snow for 6 more hours and I will have to go out again and keep shoveling, but I have the day off so I don't mind burning calories all day. Spring will come, I promise!
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Your welcome, From North Dakota!! :wink:
  • justjean
    justjean Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My fiance were doing the shoveling to save rent, but we decided it wasn't worth it. The next door neighbor has a snowblower and he gets it done so much faster =)
  • Maureen689
    Options
    YES! Spring can come anytime now. Hopefully this is winter's last big hurrah! The positive: taking my daughter sledding and running down the hill beside her and pulling her back up on her sled. Awesome workout, fun time, and fresh air :)
  • SeraFee
    SeraFee Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Your welcome, From North Dakota!! :wink:

KEEP IT!!!